The Official Thread of Entertainment Industry Sexual Predation

On 8/29/2018 at 12:37 AM, sblfilms said:

What jobs do you think remorseful and rehabilitated rapists should be allowed to have?

The way the industry works makes this weird. Like, if this was a multinational organization, you would expect them to fire anyone that raped a coworker. Just moving that person to an office across the country wouldn't cut it. Rehiring that rapists at a later date would also not be ok. All if that would be fine and totally normal. No woman should be forced to work with some of these guys and if they're hired back into the industry, I don't see how that could be entirely avoided.

6 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

The way the industry works makes this weird. Like, if this was a multinational organization, you would expect them to fire anyone that raped a coworker. Just moving that person to an office across the country wouldn't cut it. Rehiring that rapists at a later date would also not be ok. All if that would be fine and totally normal. No woman should be forced to work with some of these guys and if they're hired back into the industry, I don't see how that could be entirely avoided.

If somebody is dangerous enough that they can’t work with women, they aren’t rehabilitated and shouldn’t be allowed out in society.

People in life let us down and we are remorseful enough to give them a second chance and believe they have changed.

Louis CK may have some nasty things but he seems otherwise a good person. I would be willing to give him a second chance if he has truly changed. If he falls back on it then he gets the :guillotine:

13 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

If somebody is dangerous enough that they can’t work with women, they aren’t rehabilitated and shouldn’t be allowed out in society.

Yeah, but how exactly do you know until it happens again or doesn't?

I mean, you run a business.  If some guy you hired forced a female employee to watch him jerk off in the projection booth, would you EVER rehire him?  How long would it take, and what would you need to see to be convinced that this guy wouldn't do it again?

• 2 weeks later...

Sir Peter Jackson may testify against Harvey Weinstein in Ashley Judd case

Kiwi director Sir Peter Jackson has spoken with the legal team of Hollywood actress Ashley Judd regarding her defamation and sexual harassment civil case against movie producer Harvey Weinstein.

In an interview with Stuff in 2017, Jackson said Weinstein made him blacklist stars who were a "nightmare to work with".

Jackson told Stuff he was interested in casting Judd in the Lord of the Rings, before Weinstein warned him off.

• 1 month later...

Neil deGrasse Tyson posted this response on Facebook. Basically, he denies any criminal wrongdoing and welcomes an investigation, gave his version of events, and furthermore apologizes to the women if his actions made them uncomfortable. 

I certainly hope that in the end the accusations will be proven to be false, but it makes me glad that he is handling this in about the best way one can, it seems. 

23 hours ago, Nokra said:

Neil deGrasse Tyson posted this response on Facebook. Basically, he denies any criminal wrongdoing and welcomes an investigation, gave his version of events, and furthermore apologizes to the women if his actions made them uncomfortable. 

I certainly hope that in the end the accusations will be proven to be false, but it makes me glad that he is handling this in about the best way one can, it seems. 

My girlfriend told me about this this morning and it broke my heart. I hope it isn't true and I agree he's handling this about as well as you could. Seems like he has a lot of support.

If those were the incidents... the first 2 if true show the levels of how dangerous basic perception of an act can be...

Its almost as if supervisors can misread and think that they have a good "friendly" working relation with a subordinate when in reality the subordinate interacts seemingly as an obligation...

Part of the reason the Military is so big on preventing fraternization given the various levels of authority... it can ruin a career.. (well unless youre an officer or part of the good old boyd club)

• 2 weeks later...

CBS Says Leslie Moonves Will Not Receive $120 Million Severance

The CBS Corporation, battered by scandal and facing a leadership vacuum, said its former chief executive, Leslie Moonves, misled the company about multiple allegations of sexual misconduct and tried to hide evidence as he made a frenzied attempt to save his legacy and reap a lucrative severance. He will be fired for cause and, as a result, not receive his $120 million exit payout.