The Official Thread of Entertainment Industry Sexual Predation

13 minutes ago, Derek said:

When the allegations first came out, my SO felt the same way. Like, you'd have to be a little perverse and fucked up yourself, to get into a relationship with him. We haven't talked about it in awhile, so her stance may have changed as more and more information came out. She was a fan of his, though. I am indifferent to him. I'm sure he crossed the line. No still means no, even if you previously engaged in aggressive, chloro, 'necro' anal sex play with someone.

As a big fan of Whedon, I really wanted to defend him when his shit first came to the surface. I didn't publicly, but I had high hopes that the claims against him were baseless.  I don't have that hope anymore. He's a jack ass.

Nah I say fuck Whedon. 

I'm like your wife I go.. yeah but that's like being into S&M and then later complaining you got whipped. But maybe I'm still processing too. 

Fuck all of them tbh. The only one I'm still iffy about is Louis CK. A lot of the stuff about him seemed more like he was abusing his position of power without realizing he was doing it. Like everything was technically consensual (if creepy), but it never occurred to him that people are afraid to say no to him, which inherently muddles the concept of consent itself. That's why most workplaces have rules that say you can't fuck your boss. Hollywood doesn't have traditional workplace structure, though, it's just a bunch of people that are afraid to say anything bad about people who have more power than them.

• True 1

4 hours ago, Derek said:

Like, you'd have to be a little perverse and fucked up yourself, to get into a relationship with him.

Why are we talking about a relationship when the allegation that set this off is of being raped on the set of a music video shoot?

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Why are we talking about a relationship when the allegation that set this off is of being raped on the set of a music video shoot?

You just gotta know when you work on the set of a music video with MM that you're gonna get raped. The girls were asking for it. Not his fault. Etc.

:silly:

• Guillotine 1

29 minutes ago, Jason said:

They were in a relationship at the time. He got divorced because he was caught having an affair with her. Then the first thing he does after is make a sex music video with her to hurt his ex-wife. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I didn't know what the relationship was between the two. I wasn't defending him.. and that wasn't even my own opinion on the matter. 

11 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Fuck all of them tbh. The only one I'm still iffy about is Louis CK. A lot of the stuff about him seemed more like he was abusing his position of power without realizing he was doing it. Like everything was technically consensual (if creepy), but it never occurred to him that people are afraid to say no to him, which inherently muddles the concept of consent itself. That's why most workplaces have rules that say you can't fuck your boss. Hollywood doesn't have traditional workplace structure, though, it's just a bunch of people that are afraid to say anything bad about people who have more power than them.

When I hang out with my coworkers after work I try to avoid showing them my genitals, but maybe that's just me.

2 hours ago, Komusha said:

When I hang out with my coworkers after work I try to avoid showing them my genitals, but maybe that's just me.

Like I said, not saying it wasn't creepy and weird, but everything (that I saw reported anyway) was *technically* consensual. It never occurred to him that people wouldn't actually be comfortable watching him jerk off or whatever.

And maybe it's because I've worked in bars my entire adult life where booze and cocaine is aplenty, finding out someone did drugs and whipped out his dick doesn't sound that strange to me. Cocaine makes everything less weird. The best and worst thing about cocaine is that everything seems like a good idea. I actually have had a friend masturbate in front of me on the tail end of a coke bender.

Again, not to excuse being a fucking creep, but it's a situation I can logically see happen and he wouldn't realize he did anything wrong. Especially if cocaine was involved, which if we're talking about comedians hanging out after hours on tour/on set and shit, there's a 95% probability that's the case (not victim blaming here, just the idea of "is it alright if I start masturbating" is definitely something that could occur to your head while on coke if you're already predisposed to being a sleaze)

8 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Like I said, not saying it wasn't creepy and weird, but everything (that I saw reported anyway) was *technically* consensual. It never occurred to him that people wouldn't actually be comfortable watching him jerk off or whatever.

And maybe it's because I've worked in bars my entire adult life where booze and cocaine is aplenty, finding out someone did drugs and whipped out his dick doesn't sound that strange to me. Cocaine makes everything less weird. The best and worst thing about cocaine is that everything seems like a good idea. I actually have had a friend masturbate in front of me on the tail end of a coke bender.

Again, not to excuse being a fucking creep, but it's a situation I can logically see happen and he wouldn't realize he did anything wrong. Especially if cocaine was involved, which if we're talking about comedians hanging out after hours on tour/on set and shit, there's a 95% probability that's the case (not victim blaming here, just the idea of "is it alright if I start masturbating" is definitely something that could occur to your head while on coke if you're already predisposed to being a sleaze)

I haven't worked in a bar but I've worked in restaurants so to some degree I do understand that the food service industry is it's own beast, and certainly a lot of stuff happens there that wouldn't fly in a more professional setting. I don't think that makes it right, however. As a trans woman I felt deeply uncomfortable in certain situations at the last restaurant I worked in but I couldn't do anything about it because there was no HR to go to. My boss would also make inappropriate comments to the female servers and they just had to suck up if they wanted to continue to work.

One of the instances I read about CK was that he literally stood in front of the hotel door, blocking the woman as he jerked off. I'm just not sure how I can read stuff like that and not feel that he must have known that what he was doing was unwanted.

And let's say he didn't know what he did was wrong. But where is the remorse from this incident? Where is his shame? I listened to one of his first sets after the incident and he didn't say anything to make it sound like he felt bad. He instead complained about how hard this has been for him and how much money he has lost. So if you're a fan I get that it's a struggle to come to terms that he's a piece of shit who lack empathy and is incapable of self-reflection.

I used to be a Louis CK fan too so I get it. I told myself that if he took the correct steps to make amends I would be willing to move on and still enjoy his work. But he has done none of that. He seems more content to continue to cater to a more right wing audience who doesn't give a shit about this sort of thing anything.

8 minutes ago, Komusha said:

I haven't worked in a bar but I've worked in restaurants so to some degree I do understand that the food service industry is it's own beast, and certainly a lot of stuff happens there that wouldn't fly in a more professional setting. I don't think that makes it right, however. As a trans woman I felt deeply uncomfortable in certain situations at the last restaurant I worked in but I couldn't do anything about it because there was no HR to go to. My boss would also make inappropriate comments to the female servers and they just had to suck up if they wanted to continue to work.

One of the instances I read about CK was that he literally stood in front of the hotel door, blocking the woman as he jerked off. I'm just not sure how I can read stuff like that and not feel that he must have known that what he was doing was unwanted.

And let's say he didn't know what he did was wrong. But where is the remorse from this incident? Where is his shame? I listened to one of his first sets after the incident and he didn't say anything to make it sound like he felt bad. He instead complained about how hard this has been for him and how much money he has lost. So if you're a fan I get that it's a struggle to come to terms that he's a piece of shit who lack empathy and is incapable of self-reflection.

I used to be a Louis CK fan too so I get it. I told myself that if he took the correct steps to make amends I would be willing to move on and still enjoy his work. But he has done none of that. He seems more content to continue to cater to a more right wing audience who doesn't give a shit about this sort of thing anything.

I'm not even a particular Louis C.K. fan. I've enjoyed a couple of his specials but I don't follow him or anything. It's just like when I read about the stories about him, all I could think was "that sounds like a bunch of times I've been on cocaine." So like, I've never whipped my dick out and masturbated in front of someone, but if I did black out and someone told me I did it, I wouldn't be surprised. I'm also not a powerful celebrity so people aren't afraid to tell me "no."

Stones and glass houses is what I'm saying. I've never been there, but I've been a narrow width away. I'm certainly not one to harshly judge people on stupid decisions they make while they're on drugs (and to my knowledge, neither Louis C.K. nor any one of his accusers has said drugs were involved, but.... come on. He was obviously doing blow.)

5 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I'm not even a particular Louis C.K. fan. I've enjoyed a couple of his specials but I don't follow him or anything. It's just like when I read about the stories about him, all I could think was "that sounds like a bunch of times I've been on cocaine." So like, I've never whipped my dick out and masturbated in front of someone, but if I did black out and someone told me I did it, I wouldn't be surprised. I'm also not a powerful celebrity so people aren't afraid to tell me "no."

Stones and glass houses is what I'm saying. I've never been there, but I've been a narrow width away. I'm certainly not one to harshly judge people on stupid decisions they make while they're on drugs (and to my knowledge, neither Louis C.K. nor any one of his accusers has said drugs were involved, but.... come on. He was obviously doing blow.)

I get what you're saying. I used to be a heavy drinker so I definitely have done some shit back in college that would be embarrassing if it were to become public information now. I get that. Nothing near as bad as what Louie did, but like you said, I also don't remember all of it either. I would like to think I would own up to and apologize for my own prior substance abuse issues if that was ever to be the case, though.

On 1/25/2022 at 2:24 PM, SuperSpreader said:

yeah but that's like being into S&M and then later complaining you got whipped.

Dude... S&M STILL requires consent that's why they have safe words. If someone violates that then they cross the line from consentual to abuser. It doesn't get more simple than that. Consenting once doesn't mean consenting in perpetuity.

7 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Dude... S&M STILL requires consent that's why they have safe words. If someone violates that then they cross the line from consentual to abuser. It doesn't get more simple than that. Consenting once doesn't mean consenting in perpetuity.

I already walked it back, I guess I'm partially shocked / surprised (but not) and had trouble processing it. 

Edit: Eh - where's my post go? Maybe I replied someplace else or didn't hit enter.

Yes, you're all correct. I was stuck on "but of course he's a pos!!" 

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:
2280.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

New book details allegations of unprofessional behaviour and aggression during making of George Miller’s 2015 blockbuster Mad Max: Fury Road

it would be really nice if assholes stopped running every god damned thing.

VF0322_MeToo_Site-Story.jpg?mbid=social_
WWW.VANITYFAIR.COM

Women first interviewed by the directors behind ‘Allen v. Farrow’ say the comedy icon sexually harassed—and in at least one case, sexually assaulted—them with impunity. A special collaboration, including a mini doc, between ‘V.F.’ and the filmmakers.

She’d never been summoned by a costar like that before—but then she’d never worked with Jerry Lewis. Apparently, it was how he did things.

Karen Sharpe had already held her own onscreen with Clint Eastwood and John Wayne and won a Golden Globe for the airplane-disaster movie The High and the Mighty when she was cast in 1964’s The Disorderly Orderly. The role, the love interest to Lewis’s typically zany buffoon, hadn’t initially appealed to her. It was a comedy, and she preferred drama. It had also been made clear she wasn’t permitted to be funny opposite the film’s notoriously insecure leading man.

But Sharpe had recently taken a year-and-a-half-long hiatus from Hollywood—she’d gone to San Antonio to settle her father’s estate after his death—and returned to a town that seemed to have forgotten about her. When Lewis offered her the role, he even sweetened the deal, tripling her salary and guaranteeing that Edith Head, the costume designer behind Grace Kelly’s and Audrey Hepburn’s iconic looks, would create her wardrobe. “It was an offer I shouldn’t and couldn’t refuse,” says Sharpe, now 87.

Lewis had the power to make these promises. About a decade earlier, he’d split from Dean Martin after their singing and comedy duo rocketed both to a post–World War II superstardom on par with Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley. Critics (and Lewis himself) believed the hyperactive comedian—not Martin’s straight-man crooner—was the real talent. Lewis, who had been the putzy kid brother to Martin’s debonair gentleman, felt he had outgrown his partner. Lewis’s ego expanded even more in 1959 when, at age 33, he signed a seven-year contract with Paramount for a base of $10 million—the largest contract of its kind between a studio and performer at the time. He could hire whomever he pleased.

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'd like to know why Tom Hardy was frequently late to set. The article suggests it was a power move against previous unmentioned slights by Charlize Theron, but it sounds like the crew was like: "it was typical of him" so makes Hardy look bad. To be fair, Hardy to some degree seems to realize it.

he's an alcoholic who also use to smoke crack. I would look over there some where.

17 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'd like to know why Tom Hardy was frequently late to set. The article suggests it was a power move against previous unmentioned slights by Charlize Theron, but it sounds like the crew was like: "it was typical of him" so makes Hardy look bad. To be fair, Hardy to some degree seems to realize it.

This is fourth hand info from a random Redditor, but they said he held up another production because he was always playing video games in his trailer. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

“This was an innocent misunderstanding,” Weinstein said. “It will not happen again. I have been a model inmate, following the rules and regulations and I am sincerely sorry.”

220305-harvey-weinstein-mjf-1544-0f080d.
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The candy was found during a search on Nov. 10, after Weinstein had a face-to-face meeting with Shawn Burkley, one of his attorneys.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Add Cary Fukunaga to the pile:

Cary-Fukunaga.jpg
WWW.THEWRAP.COM

"No Time to Die" director Cary Fukunaga has been accused by multiple women of sexual misconduct, TheWrap has learned.

“No Time to Die” director Cary Joji Fukunaga has been accused of inappropriate sexual advances by at least three young actresses.

In a series of online posts last week, actress Rachelle Vinberg (HBO’s “Betty”) last week accused Fukunaga of taking advantage of their two-decade age difference, claiming he began pressuring her into a romantic relationship just after she had turned 18. She said they became “completely fully intimate” several years later, before he broke it off when she was 21.

Meanwhile, twin actresses Hannah and Cailin Loesch (Netflix’s “Maniac”) said they endured the director’s simultaneous romantic pursuit of both of them, with requests for a “threesome” and an encounter last year in his New York City penthouse during which they said “he grabbed [Cailin] and pulled her on top of him, Hannah still right there” — which left Cailin “terrified.” (After the twins refused to have sex with him, they say the director “invited us both to ‘drop acid’ and do molly at his house upstate that weekend.”)

Some big names dropping lately. Another I don't think was mentioned in this thread is Frank Langella, who after getting fired really put his foot in his mouth:

fe368f3ae4a335ef15b003e1d9949a26.jpg
WWW.AVCLUB.COM

By his own admission, Langella told The Fall Of The House Of Usher's intimacy coordinator that their input was "absurd" before filming a love scene

This one is more "old white guy says stupid shit, takes way too long to apologize for it", but I figured it might as well go here: Sam Elliot, hating on New Zealander female director Jane Campion and showing his homophobia as well (as well as ignoring many of the most famous Westerns were shot by an Italian director in Italy). 

5a7909ec4b71aab8e45a7f5f36ab70f9.jpg
WWW.AVCLUB.COM

Oh sure, his problem is just that it was filmed in New Zealand

He eventually apologized for it, over a month later: 

4c6d6db8b711bcb594d28cb29bd775b6.jpg
WWW.AVCLUB.COM

Earlier this year, Elliott complained on WTF about the film and its "allusions to homosexuality"