The Official Thread of Entertainment Industry Sexual Predation

10 hours ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

complaining about college kids is a safety net for washed up comics

Whoa... that last bit which I guess was a dig at the Parkland survivors was NOT cool. I was never into Louis C.K. but I have friends who know him and I have to think that he's always been a shitty person. Fuck him... he'll fit right in with the angry Incel/Gamergate crowd.

3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I think a lot of their cognitive dissonance is simply they got too old. They aren't plugged in to the youth like they once were because they aren't the youth anymore. At some it became about them rather than the truths they were trying to articulate. 

I think we need to accept the notion that people like CK, and comedians in general, were never actually trying to articulate "the truth" at all.

3 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I think we need to accept the notion that people like CK, and comedians in general, were never actually trying to articulate "the truth" at all.

I disagree - his bit mentioned earlier in this thread: "of course . . . but maybe . . . " very much speaks to me, and I'm not a horrible person like has been alleged of him. Their work stands much of the test of time regardless of their personal failings. 

Their new work being so off point speaks more to them now, not their body of work overall. Louis was still a brilliant show. So was Spacey's performances in movies like Seven, American Beauty, The Usual Suspects, etc. 

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

I disagree - his bit mentioned earlier in this thread: "of course . . . but maybe . . . " very much speaks to me, and I'm not a horrible person like has been alleged of him. Their work stands much of the test of time regardless of their personal failings. 

Their new work being so off point speaks more to them now, not their body of work overall. Louis was still a brilliant show. 

No no no no no.

No.

He's not a teller of truths. The veil has been lifted and all of these chucklefucks who get out there and "tell it like it is" or look vulnerable should be treated with extreme skepticism. There's no reason we should treat every single one of his anecdotes, his revealed vulnerabilities, etc.,  as anything other than a fucking lie, a sacrifice on the altar of laughs. Because he's shown he's willing to do it.

He fucking sucks. I loved him and he was great. But it's fucking OVER.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, johnny said:

Louie was a pretty good show but his stand up being successful was always confusing to me. He joked way too much about masturbating and being a pathetic old guy and it never connected with me. 

Same. I was always told I just didn't get it. I agree. I much prefer Bill Burr for my dose of  upset ginger.

20 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

No no no no no.

No.

He's not a teller of truths. The veil has been lifted and all of these chucklefucks who get out there and "tell it like it is" or look vulnerable should be treated with extreme skepticism. There's no reason we should treat every single one of his anecdotes, his revealed vulnerabilities, etc.,  as anything other than a fucking lie, a sacrifice on the altar of laughs. Because he's shown he's willing to do it.

He fucking sucks. I loved him and he was great. But it's fucking OVER.

I agree with you, but that doesn't mean his previous commentaries aren't true. While watching them they certainly felt true to me and I laughed a lot. His new stuff isn't funny and saying his previous stuff had truth to it doesn't mean I approve of the guy. 

But "of course but maybe" is funny and true no matter which way you slice it, regardless of who it came from. I'm all in on hating them now, but I won't hate on the material they created objectively speaking. 

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Brown arrested on rape charges

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2019/01/22/chris-brown-paris-rape-potential-charges/2642445002/

U.S. singer Chris Brown and two other people are in custody in Paris after a woman filed a rape complaint, French officials said Tuesday.

Brown was detained Monday on potential charges of aggravated rape and drug infractions and remained in custody Tuesday, a judicial official said. Investigators have another two days to decide whether to let him go or file preliminary charges.