Netflix is raising its prices

SaysWho?

8 hours ago, TheLeon said:

For the past couple years, I’ve been subbing to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and HBO, but only one or two at a time. Once I realize that I haven’t watched anything on a particular service for a few weeks, I’ll just cancel it. After a few months, if they’ve added enough new things that I want to watch, I’ll resub. They make it easy enough to do (they save your lists and all that) and they sometimes offer free months to bring you back, particularly Hulu. 

While I’m not particularly looking forward to the future where everything is exclusive to its own streaming service, I’ll just try and stick to a similar plan of action. 

Everything will not have its own streaming service - people need to realize that's a myth. Not every company could sustain its own streaming service because there won't be enough interest in every company's catalogue to sustain their own service - smaller companies will have to go to places like Netflix or Hulu every time because they can't sustain their own service.

Sure, there will be more services than we currently have ultimately, but not as many as people are worried this might become. 

On 1/16/2019 at 10:51 AM, Chairslinger said:

5 years ago Netflix was my only streaming service and I never would have imagined saying this, but I think I might drop down to buying a month here and there to binge on shows or seasons when they come out. 

I do not like their strategy of becoming a glorified premium cable channel. And 13 per month is getting to where I can't justify keeping it around just for the hell of it. Most of my viewing is done on Hulu now, anyway.

I've been watching a lot less Netflix lately. I would have cancelled it by now if the rest of my family wasn't so into it. 

I enjoy the streaming services a lot. I've come to realize it's been great to catch up on so many shows I missed, and I have enjoyed Stranger Things (though I haven't been that high on the Radio Shack boyfriend).

I've thought about trying HBO for a while, too, since I really should watch Veep past Season 2.