Avengers: Endgame Trailer and Discussion Thread

Pikachu

19 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Worst part is when you try to avoid them but still catch new trailers at the theater or watching the Superbowl.

Those I don't mind... it's the endless analysis videos and bullshit that i won't be paying attention to.

Shit, just rewatched for the second time... was that Hawkeye in Ronin costume??? :drool:

EDIT: Just realized this was covered earlier in the thread... I really am slipping :p

34 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Apparently the title was changing right up until this week. Over the last twelve months they waffled between:

Annihilation

Endgame

Infinity Gauntlet

With Annihilation being the one chosen until this week.

Bet their saving Annihilation for another big crossover... that was the name of a huge story from a couple of years back that featured the cosmic side of the Marvel U.

39 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Worst part is when you try to avoid them but still catch new trailers at the theater or watching the Superbowl.

Fuck, I was all set to avoid this trailer and ask how spoiler-y it is.  I don't even want to see one action scene, as I find often trailers give away the coolest shots.  But now that you mention it I will be seeing loads of movies in theaters so the trailer will be unavoidable.

But to my credit I did manage to close my eyes and cover my ears back when The Last Jedi trailer dropped... for the first movie I saw in theaters.  It was harder to do on subsequent movies before TLJ finally came out.

5 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Fuck, I was all set to avoid this trailer and ask how spoiler-y it is.  I don't even want to see one action scene, as I find often trailers give away the coolest shots.  But now that you mention it I will be seeing loads of movies in theaters so the trailer will be unavoidable.

But to my credit I did manage to close my eyes and cover my ears back when The Last Jedi trailer dropped... for the first movie I saw in theaters.  It was harder to do on subsequent movies before TLJ finally came out.

To Marvel's credit though, they do a good job of saving extra awesome stuff for the actual movies, but I agree with you.

That trailer was amazing and somber and everything it needed to be. I'm so insanely hyped for this movie. I'm going to do my best to avoid any other trailers before seeing them in theaters before like Captain Marvel or something. Ahhhh it's finally happening!! 

I haven't watched Antman yet, but I have heard things about its ending and theories about what it means.

Spoiler

I am guessing that the Antman scene is confirming that Hank was dusted, but somehow(due to his suit and the mechanics of the Soul Stone) he brought himself back and is bringing the solution on how to get the others back to the Avengers?

14 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I haven't watched Antman yet, but I have heard things about its ending and theories about what it means.

Hide contents

I am guessing that the Antman scene is confirming that Hank was dusted, but somehow(due to his suit and the mechanics of the Soul Stone) he brought himself back and is bringing the solution on how to get the others back to the Avengers?

Yes and no.

Antman and the Wasp post credit spoiler:

Spoiler

In the post credit scene Scott goes into the quantum realm using a device in the van that you see in the Avengers trailer. While he's in there, you see Hank get dusted. So it's quite possible that the quantum realm has something to do with how they can save people, but if someone figures it out I don't think it'll be Hank.

33 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Reveal hidden contents

Did you

Spoiler

Confuse Scott with Hank? What the trailer shows is that The Avengers thought  Scott was dusted but if you saw Antman and The Wasp, you know that he wasn't. He was in the Quantum Realm when Hank, Janet and Hope were all dusted and he gets himself out. I think the key to defeating Thanos will involve the quantum realm and Time travel somehow.

19 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Captain America - Hawkeye - Ant-Man - Bruce Banner/Hulk - Thor - Iron Man - Black Widow.

This is going to be great. Really happy Ant-Man and Hawkeye look like they are getting a lot of prominence. All my favorite characters in the starring roles - this is gonna be good, I lucked out. 

It's going back to basics. A few more characters than were present in the first Avengers (don't forget Nebula!), but that means they each get more focus and can contribute more to the story. It's a very smart move.

Not to say the Russo brothers didn't do an excellent job in Civil War and Avengers IW juggling the huge number of characters, in fact they did probably better than anyone else could. But a focus on a smaller group of people I think will be very good for the story, and the stakes are higher for these characters than they've ever been before. So the potential for emotional resonance is... most excellent indeed.

9 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Did anyone else notice that Cap was wearing his Winter Soldier uniform? I LOVE IT. That's this best uniform by far.

rYBHQD2.jpg

Or did they re-use footage from WS for the trailer and make adjustments, to throw us off?

I actually don't like that costume too much because there's no red, and he's supposed to look like the American flag. 

On 12/8/2018 at 4:48 PM, CitizenVectron said:

Did anyone else notice that Cap was wearing his Winter Soldier uniform? I LOVE IT. That's this best uniform by far.

rYBHQD2.jpg

Or did they re-use footage from WS for the trailer and make adjustments, to throw us off?

I don't think they reused footage. Black Widow didn't have blonde hair in WS. Rogers also has longer hair in the trailer vs the shorter hair he had in WS.

Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...