Avengers: Endgame Trailer and Discussion Thread

Pikachu

On 4/19/2019 at 3:25 PM, sblfilms said:

We give passes to parents who remove their children from the theater themselves, and don’t if we have to ask you to leave.

Does it count if you remove someone else's child?

Honestly, sounds like y'all kind of need to get over the fact that children exist and you will be forced to encounter them in public. Don't get me wrong, they annoy the hell out of me too, but you have no more of a right to a preferred theater experience than them or their parents. 

9 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Honestly, sounds like y'all kind of need to get over the fact that children exist and you will be forced to encounter them in public. Don't get me wrong, they annoy the hell out of me too, but you have no more of a right to a preferred theater experience than them or their parents. 

In public yes, at a show where people paid money for, no.  Most reasonable parents would be self-aware enough to take their child outside if they were causing a disruption.  If they don't and have the attitude of "well I'm as entitled to this experience as everyone else", fuck them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

In public yes, at a show where people paid money for, no.  Most reasonable parents would be self-aware enough to take their child outside if they were causing a disruption.  If they don't and have the attitude of "well I'm as entitled to this experience as everyone else", fuck them.

And their parents are paying money too. Obviously there is something to be said about etiquette, but based on some of the rhetoric in this thread, I would be skeptical of how some of you define 'disruptive'. To wit, I'm part of a large craft beer group on Facebook, and one of the never ending arguments is about kids being at breweries. One day, someone made a post bemoaning the presence of unruly kids at the brewery they were currently at...Someone else who was at brewery then posted a (partially covered up) photo of the kids sitting peacefully at the table with their parents, and mentioned that outside of the type of laughter you'd expect out of a child, they had spent the rest of the time quietly coloring and keeping to themselves.

7 minutes ago, Chris- said:

And their parents are paying money too. Obviously there is something to be said about etiquette, but based on some of the rhetoric in this thread, I would be skeptical of how some of you define 'disruptive'. To wit, I'm part of a large craft beer group on Facebook, and one of the never ending arguments is about kids being at breweries. One day, someone made a post bemoaning the presence of unruly kids at the brewery they were currently at...Someone else who was at brewery then posted a (partially covered up) photo of the kids sitting peacefully at the table with their parents, and mentioned that outside of the type of laughter you'd expect out of a child, they had spent the rest of the time quietly coloring and keeping to themselves.

There's a big difference between not wanting kids at a specific "adult" place for whatever reason and not wanting to listen to a crying kid for 10+ minutes during a movie.

35 minutes ago, Chris- said:

The utils are clearly in favor of the larger audience who all suffer from even just one noisy child, vs that child and their family.

3 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

There's a big difference between not wanting kids at a specific "adult" place for whatever reason and not wanting to listen to a crying kid for 10+ minutes during a movie.

There really is no difference for the purposes of this point, which is that behavior which may otherwise be ignored gets perceived as 'disruptive' simply because it's a child doing it (or otherwise gets overblown). I've watched a lot of Marvel and Star Wars and whatever films over the years, and I can't say I've ever witnessed a child do anything especially aggravating in a theater.

25 minutes ago, Chris- said:

There really is no difference for the purposes of this point, which is that behavior which may otherwise be ignored gets perceived as 'disruptive' simply because it's a child doing it (or otherwise gets overblown). I've watched a lot of Marvel and Star Wars and whatever films over the years, and I can't say I've ever witnessed a child do anything especially aggravating in a theater.

Consider yourself fortunate then. I'm sure if you were sitting in a theater about to watch a movie you've been anticipating for some time and a baby or child just start screaming and their parents doing shit about it, you'd feel differently.

I speak from experience. The one that bewilders me the most is parents bringing infants to late night showings and then trying to coddle the baby to be quiet as it's crying when the movie gets loud or because it's waaaaaayyyyy past their bedtime. WTF 

55 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Yeah same. If I went off this board or twitter I’d think that unruly kids screaming at the top of their lungs was a rampant problem in theaters. It’s not. In fact I’ve found the opposite. I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve heard a kid during a movie. And I believe all of them were during kids movies. On the other hand, I’ve had 100’s of incidents with adults who won’t stfu. Now I’m not saying that screaming kids don’t happen. They do, but not at the rate that this board would have you believe.  Entitled adults are a way bigger problem. 

4 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Yeah same. If I went off this board or twitter I’d think that unruly kids screaming at the top of their lungs was a rampant problem in theaters. It’s not. In fact I’ve found the opposite. I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve heard a kid during a movie. And I believe all of them were during kids movies. On the other hand, I’ve had 100’s of incidents with adults who won’t stfu. Now I’m not saying that screaming kids don’t happen. They do, but not at the rate that this board would have you believe.  Entitled adults are a way bigger problem. 

I think this can change depending on where you go.  I used to go to a theater where this was a problem but moving across town and going to a different theater I haven't ever seen the crying kid thing happen again.  

I have no idea if this is a demographics thing or something the theater management takes care of and keeps from happening... but my suggestion is that if it happens at your theater then try going somewhere else.  Obviously sometimes you can't if you live in a small town etc.

1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

13 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Check your Target toy aisle, check LEGO stores. These movies are marketed HARD to children. Expecting a theater experience free of children for something like this is adjacent to foolishness.

Lemme know when a kid blows up your spot at John Wick 3. 

1 hour ago, number305 said:

I think this can change depending on where you go.  I used to go to a theater where this was a problem but moving across town and going to a different theater I haven't ever seen the crying kid thing happen again.  

I have no idea if this is a demographics thing or something the theater management takes care of and keeps from happening... but my suggestion is that if it happens at your theater then try going somewhere else.  Obviously sometimes you can't if you live in a small town etc.

I live in Utah. Mormon families have like 58 kids each. I mean to say: there are a lot of fucking kids here (not kids fucking, but fucking kids). I can't remember a single time my theater experience was ever totally ruined by a child being present. I can remember like once when I was slightly annoyed. And I'm a fairly irritable person. I don't think the problem is as bad as people here make it out to be.

It is really theater dependent. Knowing your particular demographics is important in crafting policies that set the tone for how to behave in the theater.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Check your Target toy aisle, check LEGO stores. These movies are marketed HARD to children. Expecting a theater experience free of children for something like this is adjacent to foolishness.

Lemme know when a kid blows up your spot at John Wick 3. 

I don’t mind the kids being there. I only mind if they start acting a fool. Just like I would mind if an adult was doing stupid shit. 

18 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Got my tickets yesterday. Surprisingly to me for the 815 Saturday night showing, almost all seats were still available. I haven't been to the theater since the last Avengers

Theaters are adding screenings as sellouts happen, so still chances to find good seats all weekend.

14 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Theaters are adding screenings as sellouts happen, so still chances to find good seats all weekend.

You've seen it already right? Is it amazing? Is there end credit stuff to stick around for? Imagine after 3 hours and a large coke I'm going to have to take a monster piss. 

18 minutes ago, Dodger said:

You've seen it already right? Is it amazing? Is there end credit stuff to stick around for? Imagine after 3 hours and a large coke I'm going to have to take a monster piss. 

I skipped the exhibitor screening, gonna watch it tomorrow morning with my sons.

On 4/22/2019 at 3:33 PM, Chris- said:

I have no problem with kids. Getting up to pee or fidgeting or whispering to their parents is fine. But nobody should be at a loud theatre with an infant anyway. My little sister is an audiologist, and she doesn't even recommend playing music or TV at above an average speaking volume for at least 12 months (about 75 decibels is the max sustained volume they recommend, due to undeveloped ear drums and Oscilar bones), so at a professional level, she would say its downright irresponsible to bring your child into a movie theatre for such a loud experience. 

That said, I don't know a lot about it, I just know her recommendation. On a personal level, if you don't remove your screaming/crying child from the theatre, you are an asshole. It's disrespectful, and you are ruining everyone elses experience selfishly. It was there choice to have kids, they should damn well realize that precludes them from being welcomed (by the public) to certain events, especially during prime-time opening weekend. Thats why there are matinee's, and in many theatres, mommy and me screenings. 

It's like those morons who get mad when a wedding couple asks that there be no children after the reception. 

I like @sblfilmssolution of giving future tickets to those who leave on their own. 

I'm not going to see it in the first wave since its hard to get tickets, but I did get tickets for a (next) Wed morning showing when no one will be there! And yes, I took off time from work to see it. And yes, I straight up told my work that I wanted time off to see Avengers. And no, they didn't mind because I'm valuable enough to have earned that flexibility :p