Avengers: Endgame Trailer and Discussion Thread

Pikachu

3 hours ago, number305 said:

I don't see how this is a story.  I don't see any numbers attached or any proof this has traction anywhere.  Its just ... hey some whacko somewhere in the world did this and posted it on the internet.  Why shine a light on it or care?

You have two professors of film interviewed talking about how chauvinist cuts of film have become more frequent and why. It's not "some whacko."

It's also part of a culture that we see in this thread where women make people's pee pees feel small. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Brick said:

I've been meaning to see the movie again. Now I have a good excuse to. 

I hear it's just going to be done deleted scenes and teasers after the credits though, so no one should go in expecting an extended edition or anything. 

Post credit will probably just be a Spider-Man Far from Home lead in. 

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got around to catching it a second time. Not normally huge on rewatches but I'd been dumped a couple of days before the original premiere and found it hard to get 100% engrossed in the movie since I was pretty distracted from being miserable about getting dumped, so I wanted to get a proper viewing in (and mission acclaimed on that front, I was able to get absorbed in the movie a lot better this time around). There's so much going on in this movie that it actually kind of works better the second time I think, since you're not worried about keeping track of everything when you already know the basic sketch of the movie.

There were also certain things, like retreating the big camera circling scene from the first Avengers movie in the first time travel sequence, that the first time around had me worried about some of the decisions they were making (e.g. "oh god they're not gonna do this shot for shot retread for every new time period are they?"), but which were easier to enjoy knowing they weren't indicative of what I was worried they were indicative of. 

• 1 year later...