Avengers: Endgame Trailer and Discussion Thread

Pikachu

I forgot that my wife and kids never got around to watching Infinity War until dinner time tonight, so we went ahead and watched it. I think it is better removed from the initial excitement that left me a bit disappointed. It does still struggle from so much of the climax feeling like a retread of the end of Black Panther when they came out so close to one another.

Excited to go to sleep so I can watch Endgame in the morning.

7 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I forgot that my wife and kids never got around to watching Infinity War until dinner time tonight, so we went ahead and watched it. I think it is better removed from the initial excitement that left me a bit disappointed. It does still struggle from so much of the climax feeling like a retread of the end of Black Panther when they came out so close to one another.

Excited to go to sleep so I can watch Endgame in the morning.

I also enjoyed IW more the second time I watched it. 

Let us know what you think of EG!

I was sure that my nearest IMAX would add more showing before tomorrow, but I guess not. They're playing Penguins at 1:45pm, but they don't have another IMAX screening until the 10:30pm showing of Endgame. I thought I'd be able to watch that page and snag an IMAX seat once they confirmed their schedule. Maybe they have a screening they're not opening to the public.

I got an hour in when my wife called me to say she needed help at the restaurant.

Holy crap though. Emotionally heavy first hour. Some really impressive work by RDJ, Evans, and Johnson.

I’ll watch the rest in the afternoon.

13 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I got an hour in when my wife called me to say she needed help at the restaurant.

Holy crap though. Emotionally heavy first hour. Some really impressive work by RDJ, Evans, and Johnson.

I’ll watch the rest in the afternoon.

Man... I think stopping halfway through would be worse than not seeing it :p 

As for kids/noise in a theater in my experience going to a packed opening weekend have been pretty good. When the theater is sold out there is a lot more pressure to stfu since literally everyone will be looking at you if you don't. Parents remove their crying babies quickly. Where I run into problems is when you go see a movie a month after release and the theater is half full/sparsely populated. People seem to think if there is no one around them for a few rows they can do whatever they want. 

31 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I feel like there’s been 15 minutes worth of trailers, but I’m prepared to nom that crow :p

It is really close to all from the first 15. Handful of shots aren’t. I don’t recall every trailer and TV spot exactly, but I think all the dialogue I can remember is first 30 minutes.

12 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Real talk if someone used the Reality and Space stone to pull Harry Potter into the MCU I wouldn't even be mad and in fact would be significantly more excited about that than an X-Men crossover. :p

So you'd be fine with Disney acquiring Universal? :p

2 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

seems it got off to a record start, first day in China estimated 107 million...biggest first day ever there

Ahh so it released early in China. My boy saw it and I figured it was an early release there. Had to think about it since he is a day ahead.

:pratt:

I legit fist pumped like 20 times. My pessimism was ill placed. Marvel did it. They told a compelling story in this film, they also tied up so many of the narrative lines of this 11 year journey, and they laid the foundation for future of the series.

A magnificent accomplishment.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

I legit fist pumped like 20 times. My pessimism was ill placed. Marvel did it. They told a compelling story in this film, they also tied up so many of the narrative lines of this 11 year journey, and they laid the foundation for future of the series.

But will the incels and alt-right be mad at Carol Danvers?

6 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

But will the incels and alt-right be mad at Carol Danvers?

Spoiler

There is a really rad moment where a bunch of the women heroes lead a charge in the final battle that will rustle many jimmies.

9 hours ago, sblfilms said:

how many credit scenes?

9 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I don't believe you.

10 hours ago, sblfilms said:

spacer.png