Battlefleet Gothic: Armada II - trailers and screenshots

Commissar SFLUFAN

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 is Warhammer 40,000 played at the most epic scale yet (Polygon)
When the original Battlefleet Gothic: Armada came out in 2016, I decided to skip it. To hear some tell it, that means I missed out on one of the best strategy games of that year. This time around, I vowed to make time out of my busy spacefaring schedule to check out its sequel, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2. After just a few hours with the game’s pre-order beta, I’m legitimately blown away.

Commanding a fleet that wants to eat the universe in Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 (PC Gamer)

In a galaxy of dodgy Warhammer 40,000 games, the Battlefleet games really stand out. There are elements of the tabletop game that I’d like to see represented—galactic phenomena, gravity wells, and so on—but it’s a solid space RTS at a time when those are in short supply

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 is true Warhammer 40K; both spectacular and nonsensical (PCGamesN impressions)

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 Review In Progress (PC Invasion)

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 is grand in scale, size, and scope, and a testament to everything that's possible in the grimdark Warhammer 40K universe. Unfortunately, it does have a few shortcomings that prevent it from reaching one step short of greatness.

Wot I Think: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 (Rock, Paper, Shotgun)
So, that said, is this particular endless space war worth enlisting in? If you’re looking for an incredibly deep 4x – no. If you’re up for some big, beautiful, dramatic RTS campaigns with weighty, satisfying combat, and don’t mind waiting for a patch to iron out a few creases – then yes