Game of Thrones - Season 8 - Starting April 14th

TwinIon

11 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

A friend of mine brought this up, and I'm not sure if it's a popular fan theory, but:

If only Targaryen's can ride dragons, then why was the Night King able to ride one last season?

I feel like everything goes out the window with a wight dragon 

• Like 1

So looks like there will be a Jamie trial next episode, but there's no way that he DOESN'T get bailed out by Brienne, right? His moments of honor were significant in setting in motion the events that led to the Stark family being reunited. Also Tyrion is there and can vouch for him too.

Just now, fuckle85 said:

So looks like there will be a Jamie trial next episode, but there's no way that he DOESN'T get bailed out by Brienne, right? His moments of honor were significant in setting in motion the events that led to the Stark family being reunited. Also Tyrion is there and can vouch for him too.

Considering he'll be fighting in the big battle, Jaime is safe from Dany's wrath. Come on, guys.

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Considering he'll be fighting in the big battle, Jaime is safe from Dany's wrath. Come on, guys.

My point is exactly that he will be safe to make it to the battle (not only from Dany but the Starks).  I didn't know/remember it was already confirmed for sure he would  though. Tyrion and Brianne will vouch for him and pretty sure Bran might pardon him too if it comes up.

1 minute ago, fuckle85 said:

My point is exactly that he will be safe (not only from Dany but the Starks).  I didn't know/remember it was confirmed for sure he would be in the final battles though.

You sounded unsure, like you were listing all the things to make sure he doesn't get executed. 

Also, if you've watched the trailers, it's pretty clear he's in at least one big battle.

3 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

lol, Bronn isn't doing shit to Tyrion or Jaime. It's a plot device to get him to Winterfell for the big battle.

This was such a weird direction. They can't possibly expect the audience to believe that Cersei thinks Bronn would kill Jaime or Tyrion. It has to be a ploy, but even then, it's a pretty shit ploy.

Also, as far as crazy fan theories go, if the night king isn't Bran I'll admit I was wrong. They look soooooooo much alike. 

15 minutes ago, Brick said:

I don't think Bronn will turn on Jamie and Tyrion, but it would be interesting if he considers it. 

No way he even gets the opportunity to consider it. He'll get to Winterfell around the same time the dead do, if he's lucky. The only possible explanation for sending him off was to get him killed in the war so Cersei can reclaim any of the money he was promised or given. If he does try to kill her brothers, yay. If he chooses not to and betrays her, she can reclaim his wealth. If he dies, she can reclaim his wealth. The only downside is that she loses a single sword, but his loyalty was already questionable, so it's not much if a loss.

13 hours ago, fuckle85 said:

How significant is the writers changing Roose's line at the Red Wedding now? :thinking:

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

No way he even gets the opportunity to consider it. He'll get to Winterfell around the same time the dead do, if he's lucky. The only possible explanation for sending him off was to get him killed in the war so Cersei can reclaim any of the money he was promised or given. If he does try to kill her brothers, yay. If he chooses not to and betrays her, she can reclaim his wealth. If he dies, she can reclaim his wealth. The only downside is that she loses a single sword, but his loyalty was already questionable, so it's not much if a loss.

The downside is that if they don't die then they will unite against her, and if they do die then sending Bronn was unnecessary.

54 minutes ago, Moa said:

The downside is that if they don't die then they will unite against her, and if they do die then sending Bronn was unnecessary.

I don't know what Cersei's plan is in regards to the war brewing up north. She seems to think that war has nothing to do with her. Either that, or she underestimates the threat the dead pose and believes the living will inevitably win it, weakening them for her forces to beat on later. If we assume she isn't an idiot, the only play that makes any sense with the dead is that there are already so many fighting, she doesn't believe her army will make much of a difference. If that's the case, then either she waits and takes out the living winners, she waits to die, or she runs off somewhere the dead can't reach her with her new Greyjoy bae.

On 4/16/2019 at 3:45 AM, Moa said:

This was such a weird direction. They can't possibly expect the audience to believe that Cersei thinks Bronn would kill Jaime or Tyrion. It has to be a ploy, but even then, it's a pretty shit ploy.

Also, as far as crazy fan theories go, if the night king isn't Bran I'll admit I was wrong. They look soooooooo much alike. 

Bran is not the Night King. Nothing about the theory makes sense. And they definitely don't look alike, which they shouldn't, as they are different actors.

On 4/16/2019 at 12:23 PM, Ghost_MH said:

I don't know what Cersei's plan is in regards to the war brewing up north. She seems to think that war has nothing to do with her. Either that, or she underestimates the threat the dead pose and believes the living will inevitably win it, weakening them for her forces to beat on later. If we assume she isn't an idiot, the only play that makes any sense with the dead is that there are already so many fighting, she doesn't believe her army will make much of a difference. If that's the case, then either she waits and takes out the living winners, she waits to die, or she runs off somewhere the dead can't reach her with her new Greyjoy bae.

At the very least she should be able to recapture everything not in the North pretty easily. She just watched Dany take her entire(?) army and her dragons away from the rest of the seven kingdoms. If everyone up North wins, she'll be in a good position to prevent Dany from conquering Westeros. If Dany loses, and the dead march South, she'll probably either leave or go down with the ship, because if she can't rule, what's the point?

19 minutes ago, Brick said:

I still see Arya as a little girl so that was a little weird to watch lol. 

My brother saw the leak, and informed me and I just said "no one wants to see that." It wasn't actually that bad tho in the show. 

EP wasn't as entertaining as the last, but it was good. I was hoping for more screen time of Jamie and Bran together, but it was a condensed version of what I figured would happen. I also would have liked to hear the story Bran told to Tyrion. Like, we saw it, but I wanted to hear Bran's retelling. I liked the Knighting part. For me, that was the most emotional scene in the entire series. I thought it was great. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

That dire wolf appearing randomly and disappearing without much notice pissed me off...

Yeah I wanted to see more of Ghost, but I'm guessing they showed him because they're going to have him fight in the battle.