Game of Thrones - Season 8 - Starting April 14th

TwinIon

1 minute ago, LazyPiranha said:

Hey remember when Tyrion was smart and didn't suggest that a one handed man and a pregnant woman could cross an entire sea in a fucking rowboat?  Good times, good times.

I don’t think he meant that. The rowboat was to get out of the cove and to a place they could run and get a ship.

4 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

I don’t think he meant that. The rowboat was to get out of the cove and to a place they could run and get a ship.

He said something to the extent of "with a good wind you could reach Pentos."  Doesn't exactly imply picking up a different ship.

31 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

My one and only single issue with that episode was that Danys descent into that level of madness was way way way to quick. Was it foreshadowed and even expected? Yeah of course. But they didn’t pull it off. She needed a few more “pulling the wings off a fly” moments. 

That being said the rest of that episode was phenomenal. The acting, the cinematography, Jesus the music! They gave us some of what we wanted and some of what we didn’t. I was fine with every death and every turn. 

That was my main issue as well, and I wrote it to my group of buddies in group chat.  I just don't think it was believable yet.  They were clearly leading in that direction and building up to it, but I don't think enough had happned that would cuase the character we watched that was dead set on not being her Father, who was so reasonable and measured in most of her choices, suddenly completely breaks and does that.  I agree, they didn't pull it off to make me actually believe it.  

I still feel its just all way too rushed.  After 7 seasons really slowly methodically building up all these confrontations,  just wish we had a full season to really flesh it all out and not feel like they are just trying to squeeze in all the endings of these storylines.  These characters deserved more.

4 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

He said something to the extent of "with a good win you could reach Pentos."  Doesn't exactly imply picking up a different ship.

If Dany didn’t destroy the red keep they probably would have been able to do it. Or if Euron didn’t slow him down. 

1 minute ago, johnny said:

If Dany didn’t destroy the red keep they probably would have been able to do it 

How?  Jamie can’t actually operate a rowboat and Cersei is a pregnant lush.  Imagine asking some late 30’s wino to paddle across the Mediterranean Sea solo. 

How?  Jamie can’t actually operate a rowboat and Cersei is a pregnant lush.  Imagine asking some late 30’s wino to paddle across the Mediterranean Sea solo. 

Well the alternative is to be killed regardless right? 

Dude survived the battle of winterfell and killed Euron but can’t figure out a way to use a rowboat, ok 

46 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Ehhh you’re not wrong. I can certainly list off a whole bunch of stuff that foreshadowed it. I dunno it just felt a little off to me. Maybe not seeing her really lose control before? I know she’s gotten angry but it always felt sort of justified? I didn’t think she’d reached the point where she’d turn on innocents like that. 

It's been a slow burn to her wigging out like that but she's always avoided killing innocents. The only way it works is if she just went mad which works because she lost all the people who were closest to her from Essos except for Greyworm and the people who she had grown to trust from Westeros all betrayed her in one way or another. I think her going crazy was an obvious and particularly lazy choice which is why I didn't think they would go that route but they definitely set it up.

And worse ending than Dexter??? :lol:

I'm seeing online people having issue eitj the white horse. Ummm seconds before that there were Dothraki on horses so that explains that plus I took it as symbolism. White horse is a symbol of death. Riding a horse makes one feel they could free themselves from their own bindings. That's what I thought and sad to see how many cannot think deeper and use imagination without everything drawn out to them.

And honestly haters just don't watch, move on to something that makes you happy and let rest enjoy it! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It's been a slow burn to her wigging out like that but she's always avoided killing innocents. The only way it works is if she just went mad which works because she lost all the people who were closest to her from Essos except for Greyworm and the people who she had grown to trust from Westeros all betrayed her in one way or another. I think her going crazy was an obvious and particularly lazy choice which is why I didn't think they would go that route but they definitely set it up.

People talk about Dany going mad... I’m worried about some of the viewers going mad

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You just wait--the show is going to end with Jon becoming a lumberjack North of the wall with not a care in the world. 

• Haha 2

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

I thought Cersei got off easy.

Dying from bricks collapsing on top of you has to fucking suck. It’s not as satisfying to us as somebody stabbing her but I think it’s what she deserves. Imagine the impact doesn’t kill her and she just had to suffer for who knows how long until she died. 

3 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

You just wait--the show is going to end with Jon becoming a lumberjack North of the wall with not a care in the world. 

:lol: That would simultaneously suck and be awesome... He'll probably become a reluctant king with Tyrion as his hand or some shit though. I doubt if he kills Danerys if Drogon would attack or kill him. 

Just now, johnny said:

Dying from bricks collapsing on top of you has to fucking suck. It’s not as satisfying to us as somebody stabbing her but I think it’s what she deserves. Imagine the impact doesn’t kill her and she just had to suffer for who knows how long until she died. 

How would it suck? She would barely have felt a thing.

2 minutes ago, johnny said:

Then I would need to see that sir. I wanted someone to take her goddamned head. Or for her to be killed by Tyrion or Jamie... but since that prophecy never made it into the show, we'll have to wait for the books :jordan: