Game of Thrones - Season 8 - Starting April 14th

TwinIon

Finished my series re-watch a few days ago. Rewatching the show knowing what happens is a totally different experience. Characters I couldn't stand for the first 5-6 seasons on my original watch (Sansa, for example) I suddenly had a lot more sympathy for. Characters that I knew started as awful and grew into something semi-honorable (Jaime, The Hound) and seeing glimpses of that honor early on (ie: The Hound having a clear disdain for Joffrey prior to him bailing on The King's Guard was way more apparent on my second watch). Such a great show.

Also, theory that most definitely won't be true: The Hound is Azor Ahai  ( :troll:)

I'm a little upset about the episode lengths. First three episodes are all 60 minutes or less. When the creators said the final season would only be 6 episodes, they also said each episode would essentially be a feature film. Only the final two episodes come close to that at 80 minutes. 

I am happy that the series will be finished. I have enjoyed my time with it, but I have lost some interest in the series as the series has progressed. Overall, I looked forward to seeing the ending. I rather have a darker, sad ending than some ass-pull BS. 

1 hour ago, Emblazon said:

I'm a little upset about the episode lengths. First three episodes are all 60 minutes or less. When the creators said the final season would only be 6 episodes, they also said each episode would essentially be a feature film. Only the final two episodes come close to that at 80 minutes. 

Episode 1 - April 14, 54 minutes.
Episode 2 - April 21, 58 minutes.
Episode 3 - April 28, 1 hr. 22 minutes.
Episode 4 - May 5, 1 hr. 18 minutes.
Episode 5 - May 12, 1 hr. 20 minutes.
Episode 6 - May 19, 1 hr. 20 minutes.

:confused: Is this a lie? (My friend text me that last night)

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Episode 1 - April 14, 54 minutes.
 Episode 2 - April 21, 58 minutes.
 Episode 3 - April 28, 1 hr. 22 minutes.
 Episode 4 - May 5, 1 hr. 18 minutes.
Episode 5 - May 12, 1 hr. 20 minutes.
Episode 6 - May 19, 1 hr. 20 minutes.

I heard it was like this as well. 

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

So, you think he was riding openly to Winterfell where he would have been killed or captured on the trek if discovered? Olo

I mean, he had his hood up and it wasn't dyed at the end of the last season. That and I can't recall anytime dye has been used in the show. And there is a large amount of grey for a dye job. If the next EP mentions it and he says he dyed then great. Just, I doubt it. 

Just now, Bacon said:

I mean, he had his hood up and it wasn't dyed at the end of the last season. That and I can't recall anytime dye has been used in the show. And there is a large amount of grey for a dye job. If the next EP mentions it and he says he dyed then great. Just, I doubt it. 

Uhhh, Sansa dyed her hair black with she was with Littlefinger making her way to her aunt Lysa. 

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Who cares it’s season 8 now. Let the past die.