Game of Thrones - Season 8 - Starting April 14th

TwinIon

14 minutes ago, Moa said:

Did anyone count how many times a major character was pinned by the zombies only to be rescued at the last moments by someone offscreen?

Yeah we had those small hero moments but we didn’t get anything that was a “tide is turning” moment. NK army stomped them and they could really only delay the inevitable throughout the episode. 

5 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

So? She was super old. She had done what she was meant to do. Why continue to go on? Seems like a pretty fitting arc and end.

It felt anticlimactic to me after she predicted her own death is all. Like, it’s not much of a prediction if you’re either getting killed by undead or killing yourself if you survive. At least the writers didn’t wuss-out and have her do some massive breath of life on many that died which kills her... because when she started walking out there it was my first thought with a “really?” :p 

2 minutes ago, johnny said:

Yeah we had those small hero moments but we didn’t get anything that was a “tide is turning” moment. NK army stomped them and they could really only delay the inevitable throughout the episode. 

When the Dothraki w/Jorah did their charge I kept going “why? Why would they do this?” :lol: 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Was the prophecy even fulfilled, though? IS ARYA AZOR AHAI? (Joking)

Right. But her magic didn’t “wear off”, she willingly took off her anti-granny necklace and let herself die :p 

She chose to do it, though. 

Like, I get she felt her purpose was fulfilled and that’s why she did it, but she did it to herself.

When she brought Snow back to life she didn't know she could do that at all. So maybe she took the necklace off to die in that scene, but she wasn't allowed to, which led to her doing it again in this episode where she was allowed to pass? It's not the end of the world if it isn't explained, imo

1 minute ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

When she brought Snow back to life she didn't know she could do that at all. So maybe she took the necklace off to die in that scene, but she wasn't allowed to, which led to her doing it again in this episode where she was allowed to pass? It's not the end of the world if it isn't explained, imo

I’m by no means asking for it to be explained or upset about it - I should be clear about that. I was mostly asking rhetorically and just commenting on the “Peace, bitches!” style of it :p 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Do it again!

I make it shorter:

It was too dark and washed out

Theon CHARGE was lame

The Crypt was pointless

Red Woman was dumb. Fire Swords, Blue Eyes,  :skull:

LOL Azor Ahai what's that 

Previous EP Arya: What's a White Walker like? This EP Arya: Kills Night King. I would have preferred someone who has a more personal connection to the NK kill him. At the very least, have Jon getting fucked up by NK and then Arya saves the day.

Sam and Grey Worm died 10 times each but are also still alive 

White Walkers were the stuff of Nightmares and that was the end of the Nightmare? 

Bran just fucking off all EP to throw some ravens at NK 

Bran is like this cosmic watcher and now he just exists

1 hour ago, LazyPiranha said:

Man, that was equal parts intensely satisfying and anticlimactic as all fuck.  The night king has been amassing forces for thousands of fucking years, and he gets done in by same sleight of hand?  I mean at the very fucking least, Arya could have pulled some of her many faced god shit.  I was secretly hoping that Bran would just roll out of his chair, stab the night king in the gut, and the pull his face away to reveal Arya.  Honestly, the only thing that really pissed me off was the crypt corpses coming back to life because I assumed the only way everyone in the show could be that fucking stupid was if the writers weren't going to do it, but here we are.  

Also, as a general whole, can we all agree to completely drop the redemption story arc?  "You're a good man Theon."  No Theon, you aren't actually a good man.  I liked your character arc and it's rewarding to watch it conclude, but we really don't need that final moment and becoming a better person because you were tortured isn't really something to celebrate.  Hey Theon, I know you murdered two random children and beheaded them, stole my family home which required more murder, and did a bunch of other really horrible shit, but you're here now and that's all that really matters.

Like @skillzdadirectasaid, it wasn't for us, it was FOR Theon. HE needed that forgiveness and verbal pat on the back to let him know it will all be OK, go do what you must but just know in the end you'll be remembered as a good man no matter what, hence why he charged forth.

34 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

It felt anticlimactic to me after she predicted her own death is all. Like, it’s not much of a prediction if you’re either getting killed by undead or killing yourself if you survive. At least the writers didn’t wuss-out and have her do some massive breath of life on many that died which kills her... because when she started walking out there it was my first thought with a “really?” :p 

She was literally a plot device the whole time, so naturally once her plot is resolved she resolves herself.

I could barely tell what was happening it was so goddamn dark. 

Dothraki charge while looking cool seeing the flames go out... Was one of the stupidest tactics ever

Why do the unsullied not do shield wall?

Whats the point of bran? Useless character so far

Surprise to see Arya killing the night king

They're trying to make the battle of Kings landing hard... But even if Dany just had 300 soldiers she would still win with her 2 dragons

2 minutes ago, Oberon said:

I could barely tell what was happening it was so goddamn dark. 

Dothraki charge while looking cool seeing the flames go out... Was one of the stupidest tactics ever

Why do the unsullied not do shield wall?

Whats the point of bran? Useless character so far

Surprise to see Arya killing the night king

They're trying to make the battle of Kings landing hard... But even if Dany just had 300 soldiers she would still win with her 2 dragons

1 dragon

Just now, johnny said:

I mean he raised a gigantic undead army to do the fighting for him 

And that is boring. He spent the whole EP doing hand stretches. Stick his hand out towards the screen, raises both hands at the same time, reaches for sword, grabs arya, dies. 

Spoiler

So here's the thing: Endgame gave us payoff and resolution when all was said and done. No matter what, we still have 3 more weeks until we have full resolution to any/all things set up over the last 8 seasons and having to wait that long hurts so much more than what transpired in Endgame to a degree!

After the Battle of the Bastards and the Battle of Hardhome, I expected greatness.  Instead I got dark and grainy confusion, a pathetic defense plan, and then some Walking Dead style crap, and then a completely unsatisfying end for the WWs and the NK.

I mean, this whole time the White Walkers were this feared mythical enemy, and then the literally do nothing in the battle other than be some weird entourage for the NK.