Game of Thrones - Season 8 - Starting April 14th

TwinIon

That was amazing! I was so stressed with everything towards the end and biting my nails then cheered and jumped off my couch when Arya did her thing. SO BADASS! 

After watching Endgame earlier and now this, my fantasy/sci-fi emotions are SPENT! lol

I'm kind of upset that every dead character earned their death heroically. I was hoping that death would come abruptly and brutally. Specifically, I thought the moment where all the Dothraki flames are snuffed out would've been a great way for Jorah to go.

21 minutes ago, fuckle85 said:

There HAS to be some major significance between TNK and his army of zombies, The Many Faced God/God of Death, and Arya's journey of learning how to be an assassin from them and then severing ties ("What do we say to death? Not today.") but I can't quite piece it together.  Obviously it makes her character arc poetic af but there has to be even more to it than that.

This Polygon article might fill in some of that.

6 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Btw, what was the point of Mel killing herself at the end? Also, I’m a little disappointed that there was no light bringer :p 

Idk she fulfilled her purpose and maybe her magic was running out with it taking so long to light the trench. So she takes the jewel off and that’s that. 

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I think she felt she did what she was supposed to do. She's clearly been here a long time.

Was the prophecy even fulfilled, though? IS ARYA AZOR AHAI? (Joking)

4 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Her purpose had not yet been fulfilled.

Right. But her magic didn’t “wear off”, she willingly took off her anti-granny necklace and let herself die :p 

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, dude, she fulfilled her purpose and it was her time. Not that hard to grasp. :p 

She chose to do it, though. 

Like, I get she felt her purpose was fulfilled and that’s why she did it, but she did it to herself.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

Was the prophecy even fulfilled, though? IS ARYA AZOR AHAi?

Right. But her magic didn’t “wear off”, she willingly took off her anti-granny necklace and let herself die :p 

Like, I get she felt her purpose was fulfilled and that’s why she did it, but she did it to herself.

So? She was super old. She had done what she was meant to do. Why continue to go on? Seems like a pretty fitting arc and end.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

Was the prophecy even fulfilled, though? IS ARYA AZOR AHAi?

Idk man she’s old as fucking shit maybe she wanted to die after she did what she was supposed to.