PSN December 2018 downloads -- But I thought PUBG wasn't gonna sell on PS4?

SaysWho?

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

People on the interwebs who thought a year later it won't sell, Fortnite's killing it, etc.

People on the interwebs said last year that Fortnite didn't stand a chance BECAUSE of PUBG... they interwebs never knows wtf it's talking about. I did a lot of work for PUBG Corp last year, they weren't sweating it.

39 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

People on the interwebs said last year that Fortnite didn't stand a chance BECAUSE of PUBG... they interwebs never knows wtf it's talking about. I did a lot of work for PUBG Corp last year, they weren't sweating it.

I think I’ve responded to you before, but I was dead wrong on Fortnite, and was astounded by how popular it became (mostly because I really do think it’s kind of a shitty game). Also when it was starting to get hot, they were still kind of straddling their original vision of Fortnite and the Battle Royale. PUBG was breaking steam records at the time and was the biggest game in the world, so this picture you paint of these fools (myself included) thinking PUBG would be the BR victor is a little convenient now. It wasn’t unreasonable. But in retrospect it certainly makes sense that a free, kid friendly game that aped the biggest innovation in the shooter genre since COD4 would eventually be bigger than PUBG. 

I wasn’t sure how PUBG would do on consoles. I still need to try out the snow level.

7 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I think I’ve responded to you before, but I was dead wrong on Fortnite, and was astounded by how popular it became (mostly because I really do think it’s kind of a shitty game). Also when it was starting to get hot, they were still kind of straddling their original vision of Fortnite and the Battle Royale. PUBG was breaking steam records at the time and was the biggest game in the world, so this picture you paint of these fools (myself included) thinking PUBG would be the BR victor is a little convenient now. It wasn’t unreasonable. But in retrospect it certainly makes sense that a free, kid friendly game that aped the biggest innovation in the shooter genre since COD4 would eventually be bigger than PUBG. 

I wasn’t sure how PUBG would do on consoles. I still need to try out the snow level.

Snow level is still on PTS on the consoles I haven't tried it out yet either. I own PUBG for X1X and PC but play mostly on the X. Speaking of the snow level...

This was edited by a certain D1P'er who shall remain nameless :whistlin:

Btw, I never said Fortnite would it eclipse PUBG, I simply said it would be big because of the reasons you just stated yourself. Folks on this board said nope, it would be a fad that would be gone very quickly once console gamers got a taste of PUBG. I always argued there was room for both.

36 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Snow level is still on PTS on the consoles I haven't tried it out yet either. I own PUBG for X1X and PC but play mostly on the X. Speaking of the snow level...

This was edited by a certain D1P'er who shall remain nameless :whistlin:

Btw, I never said Fortnite would it eclipse PUBG, I simply said it would be big because of the reasons you just stated yourself. Folks on this board said nope, it would be a fad that would be gone very quickly once console gamers got a taste of PUBG. I always argued there was room for both.

You were correct. 

I have the PC version. A buddy and I played a shit load of PUBG the first year, and now we go in spurts. It’s one of my favorite games ever.