New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe Reviews

Pikachu

10 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I want it, but $60 is a bit steep for a port. I'll get it down the line, as it was a fantastic title.

I’ve never played it and I’m super excited! So....it’s fantastic?

5 hours ago, legend said:

I've never played it, so I'm in.

Me too!

• Like 1

I’m a bit ashamed to admit it, but I’m considering buying this. I own it on Wii U, but I’ve never finished it. I could see myself finishing it as a handheld game though!

I am in a similar boat with Tales of Vesperia. I own it on 360, but I don’t have time to sit through an RPG on a console anymore. But as a handheld experience? I could grind through it on my own time, and finally finish the sucker. 

Decisions, decisions.

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It's not a straight port, there's been some additions and tweaks and such. You could call it an enhanced port. It's just not something I wanna pay $60 for now, though.

I mean, pretty much any review will tell you the differences.

What I'm specifically trying to figure out is whether or not this Switch game is at all the same as this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Super_Mario_Bros._2

I'd had it in my head that the 3DS game I just linked to was the same as something that came out on the Wii U, but I guess it really was just a sequel to the Wii U and that I got confused somewhere along the way? As long as it's not NSMB2 then I'm good to go because I only ever played the NSMB game on the 3DS.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

What I'm specifically trying to figure out is whether or not this Switch game is at all the same as this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Super_Mario_Bros._2

I'd had it in my head that the 3DS game I just linked to was the same as something that came out on the Wii U, but I guess it really was just a sequel to the Wii U and that I got confused somewhere along the way? As long as it's not NSMB2 then I'm good to go because I only ever played the NSMB game on the 3DS.

No, it is a different game than NSMB2 on 3DS. I'm not sure what got you thinking the Wii U game was the same as the 3DS game. :p 

This is the first port of a NSMB game. All the prior titles have been their own game. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Everyone else is saying it's a port...:confused:

I meant that it was a new game compared to the previous New Super Mario games in the Wii and 3DS. If you've never played it on a Wii U, this is entirely new to you and totally worth the price. I'd double dip if the price were lower, but I'll likely pass stone I have it on the Wii U.

• Thanks 1

Played through the first world. It’s awesome playing on a big television. I’m so used to always playing my Mario games on a small handheld system. So far the levels are okay but nothing near the levels in Tropical Freeze. That game has amazing level design.