Disney puts the brakes on "A Star Wars Story" anthology films

12 hours ago, Komusha said:

I mean, why does it matter? That really was the main point of my initial post. You only quoted my first paragraph, which was intended as more of a joke (hence the :p emoticon).

The second paragraph is more what acually concerns me. These debates have been happening for over a half a year and haven’t gone anywhere. I also post on the Vestibule where it’s much more poplar to hate on TLJ and I just avoid discussing it because it obviously isn’t going anywhere. It seems like anytime a TLJ makes any sort of remark or a boycott, the fans go crazy. The thing is I actually expect more of the users who typically argue in favor of TLJ,l. Wade has even asked you guys many times to stop.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture. Enjoy, sir, your insensibility of feeling and reflecting. It is the prerogative of animals. And no man will envy you these honors, in which a savage only can be your rival and a bear your master."
- Thomas Paine

11 hours ago, johnny said:

“Why does it matter” 

BECAUSE THIS IS THE INTERNET 

Yup. :p

My first thought is that whoever wrote that learned to capitalize from Donald Trump.

"You have used your new characters as toys and tools to push an agenda of masculine inferiority."

lol

Did these guys even watch the movie they seem to hate so much? Luke sacrificed himself to save his sister and the rebellion. Han' death is obviously tearing Kylo apart. Honestly, if you watch Kylo in the throne room with Snoke and finish that scene deciding that Kylo is being perfectly honest and that killing his dad was no big deal, then you really are incapable of reading even he surface of the film.

"To refuse any decree from Lucasfilm as to what We should like that is contrary to the Right of Opinion;" 

What in the world does this even mean?

At this point I'm willing to file much of the TLJ hate under conspiracy theory as much as film criticism. Not that everyone that didn't like TLJ falls in this bucket, but if you really think that Disney has somehow decided to take perhaps the most valuable franchise on earth and use it primarily for some political agenda at the cost of financial success, well, then you really are lost.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

My first thought is that whoever wrote that learned to capitalize from Donald Trump.

lol

Did these guys even watch the movie they seem to hate so much? Luke sacrificed himself to save his sister and the rebellion. Han' death is obviously tearing Kylo apart. Honestly, if you watch Kylo in the throne room with Snoke and finish that scene deciding that Kylo is being perfectly honest and that killing his dad was no big deal, then you really are incapable of reading even he surface of the film.

What in the world does this even mean?

At this point I'm willing to file much of the TLJ hate under conspiracy theory as much as film criticism. Not that everyone that didn't like TLJ falls in this bucket, but if you really think that Disney has somehow decided to take perhaps the most valuable franchise on earth and use it primarily for some political agenda at the cost of financial success, well, then you really are lost.

That was at the underpinning of a lot of the new trilogy hate ever since Finn was revealed to be a black Storm Trooper in the first trailer awhile back. Then the focus on Female protagonists and a diverse cast. Again, not saying that ALL folks who dislike the new films fall into this bucket, like you said. But a LOT do. See all the  "Rey is a Mary Sue" bullshit when she basically follows the same Ark as Neo and countless other heroes we've seen in adventure media over the decades. The difference? She's a chick.

As well, Luke had the exact same power level growth in ANH and then again in ESB. In ANH he used a lightsaber once and then was able to divert a torpedo moving a thousands of kilometers per hour at a right-angle with incredible percision. In ESB he jumped through some trees and then was able to almost hold his own against Vader in a lightsaber fight. 

Star Wars uses The Force as a plot device that lets the characters do whatever they need to, and fans should know that.

• Like 2

I've said it before and I'll just repeat it here. The Last Jedi is helping Star Wars shed fans it needs to get rid of. The franchise will be better for it.

Also, thinking about it, Jurassic Kingdom has all the dumb things that morons wanted in TLJ: clones linking important characters as family, Incels being justified in their disdain towards women that don't like them, over explanation of the machinations and origins of the villain, etc. And Jurassic Kingdom fucking sucked.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 7:38 PM, johnny said:

Her observation is stupid in another way besides forgetting that Admiral Ackbar looks like a fish.

Princess Leia, in her white dress and buns, didn't look like some rebel leader.

Yoda didn't look like a great Jedi warrior.

In fact, Empire made it a point that size and looks don't matter. How are these people Star Wars fans?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Not really news, and it aligns with what you might expect, but Rian Johnson's longtime producing partner Ram Bergman thinks that Rian's trilogy won't start for at least 2 years. With episode 9 due in 2019, it would make some sense to go right to another trilogy the following year, but I think a 2 year gap would make sense as well.

And then when will the double Ds start their series?

On 6/27/2018 at 2:17 PM, CitizenVectron said:

As well, Luke had the exact same power level growth in ANH and then again in ESB. In ANH he used a lightsaber once and then was able to divert a torpedo moving a thousands of kilometers per hour at a right-angle with incredible percision. In ESB he jumped through some trees and then was able to almost hold his own against Vader in a lightsaber fight. 

Star Wars uses The Force as a plot device that lets the characters do whatever they need to, and fans should know that.

I never took it as he used the force to move the torpedoes. More using the force to sense when was the right time to fire the torpedoes.

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:56 AM, skillzdadirecta said:

That was at the underpinning of a lot of the new trilogy hate ever since Finn was revealed to be a black Storm Trooper in the first trailer awhile back. Then the focus on Female protagonists and a diverse cast. Again, not saying that ALL folks who dislike the new films fall into this bucket, like you said. But a LOT do. See all the  "Rey is a Mary Sue" bullshit when she basically follows the same Ark as Neo and countless other heroes we've seen in adventure media over the decades. The difference? She's a chick.

To be fair, Rey didn't follow the same ark as Neo. Neo had to be taught. He failed and came back and succeeded. From the beginning, Rey could do everything perfectly without having to be taught at all. I'm not going to say the intent was to make her a Mary Sue, but that's definitely how she came off.

Anakin must of been a Gary Stu by doing everything perfectly like pilot a pod racer with enhanced Jedi reflexes, fly a spacecraft perfectly his first time or pass the test by the Jedi council without any training. It couldn't possibly be that Jedi have different levels of connection with the force and the stronger the connection the easier it naturally comes to them? 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Wild said:

I like how"fans" on both sides of this discussion take the position that the other side are unreasonable idiots that don't actually love the franchise.

Wanting a cut of the film that removes women IS unreasonably idiotic. :p

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Wanting a cut of the film that removes women IS unreasonably idiotic. :p

Well, yes, that's insane. But my comment is more about the general attitude surrounding this film. For some people if you don't think it's a textbook classic then you're a whiny fan, and for others if you do think it's a textbook classic you're a corruptive casual.

It's weird how acidic this movie is for the fanbase itself. And I say that as a Star Trek fan dealing with our own ST:D issues.

6 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Anakin must of been a Gary Stu by doing everything perfectly like pilot a pod racer with enhanced Jedi reflexes, fly a spacecraft perfectly his first time or pass the test by the Jedi council without any training. It couldn't possibly be that Jedi have different levels of connection with the force and the stronger the connection the easier it naturally comes to them? 

Yeah I brought this up in the old thread too... everyone ignores that shit. Anakin was building robots, racing pod-racers and dogfighting in space all at the dear old age of FIVE. He's like the Kim Jon Un of the Star Wars U.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah I brought this up in the old thread too... everyone ignores that shit. Anakin was building robots, racing pod-racers and dogfighting in space all at the dear old age of FIVE. He's like the Kim Jon Un of the Star Wars U.

He was nine :p

20 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

To be fair though, no one really loved the way Anakin was portrayed either. It's bad writing all the way around for both characters. However, Anakin does have the known benefit of nearly being created by the Force where no such advantage is known for Rey.

28 minutes ago, Bataar said:

To be fair though, no one really loved the way Anakin was portrayed either. It's bad writing all the way around for both characters. However, Anakin does have the known benefit of nearly being created by the Force where no such advantage is known for Rey.

But being “created by the Force” is a much more crap origin than someone randomly being rad with the Force.

22 hours ago, Bataar said:

To be fair though, no one really loved the way Anakin was portrayed either. It's bad writing all the way around for both characters. However, Anakin does have the known benefit of nearly being created by the Force  having a penis where no such advantage is known for Rey.

FTFY

4 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

DhIs781VMAAqEXh?format=jpg

@skillzdadirecta Will this make them happy now?

no. 

• Like 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/star-wars-the-last-jedi-remake-poster-mocks-angry-fans/ar-AAzxnqL

"My teaser poster for the Last Jedi Remake is now up in the shop," he wrote in the tweet. "Poster done, now all we need is a script, a cast, the rights, a director, money, and talent."

The poster also features a similarly muscled Kylo Ren, Supreme Leader Snoke giving a presentation about his origins and plan, a Death Star in triplicate, the Millennium Falcon chasing down Boba Fett's Slave I with a huge cannon attachment, a cyborg Finn hunting Rose, Rey taking some porgs out of the oven and Leia back in her Return of the Jedi bikini (next to BB-8 with a club).

That should keep the angry fans happy.