Jump to content

Disney puts the brakes on "A Star Wars Story" anthology films


Recommended Posts

I think this will be good for them to go back and look over what is best to do.  Feel the new SW movies if anything just feel a mess.  I feelings on the new trilogy is mixed due to the love I had of all the EU (Legends) stories and history.

 

I saw Solo and wasn't that bad.  I did eye roll as several story, character elements .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really can’t wrap my brain around all the complaints about the anthology movies. They are infinitely better than the latest 2 parts of the main trilogy. 

 

Rogue One was fantastic. IMO, next to the OT, it’s the next best Star Wars movie. Solo was a lot of fun. I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

 

Why would anyone want less Star Wars?  I’ll gladly go see any SW movie they throw at me. One movie a year is fine. Keep telling the stories. 

 

On the other hand, people eat the marvel movies up and i am just so sick and not excited for them anymore. It’s the same movie swapping characters. I would’ve stopped going to see these movies a while ago if it wasn’t for my kids. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

I really can’t wrap my brain around all the complaints about the anthology movies. They are infinitely better than the latest 2 parts of the main trilogy. 

 

Rogue One was fantastic. IMO, next to the OT, it’s the next best Star Wars movie. Solo was a lot of fun. I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

 

Why would anyone want less Star Wars?  I’ll gladly go see any SW movie they throw at me. One movie a year is fine. Keep telling the stories. 

 

On the other hand, people eat the marvel movies up and i am just so sick and not excited for them anymore. It’s the same movie swapping characters. I would’ve stopped going to see these movies a while ago if it wasn’t for my kids. 

 

So you want the same thing you're feeling about MCU films to be replicated with Star Wars?

 

Star Wars doesn't need a movie every year. Especially if they let quality slide and just make winking self-references every other one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Reputator said:

 

So you want the same thing you're feeling about MCU films to be replicated with Star Wars?

 

Star Wars doesn't need a movie every year. Especially if they let quality slide and just make winking self-references every other one.

 

Marvel is doing like 3 movies a year...and still smashing records. 

 

I specifically stated one a year is fine. I think the issue with Solo was that it  was released too close to Ep.8 and too close to Avengers. 

 

It shouldve been a Q4 release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't want Solo, but I saw it & really enjoyed it. It's no Rogue One, but I would definitely buy it for my collection. 

 

I was really hoping

Maul

 would be carried over to the Obi Wan movie, but oh well I guess. Such a shame, because McGregor seems very keen to do it and he's pretty much the only part of the PT nobody seems to have a problem with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Regarding the spoiler tag:

 

 

  Hide contents

They sort of blew their wad already by killing Maul in Rebels. Would have been a great cameo had they done a Kenobi film.

 

 

Oh, I don't watch any of the animated stuff so I didn't know that. I was hoping for a Kenobi / Maul rematch, where both are Masters now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Between Rian Johnson's trilogy and the Benioff and Weiss trilogy, I don't expect we'll run out of Star Wars films anytime soon.

 

What I want from Disney here is simply to raise the bar for what gets greenlit. If someone has a great take on a great story in the Star Wars universe, then by all means, make the movie. What they don't need to do is go through the OT with a fine tooth comb and make origin stories or spinoffs of everyone and explain everything just because we heard someone talk about it.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The two announced teams currently working on trilogies have not been cancelled at this point... however I would not count Rian's trilogy as a slam dunk at this point.  I think Disney is taking a step back to figure everything out.  Ep 8 was divisive for the fan base, I would not be surprised for them to move on from Rian.  There are a lot of quality directors out there who would not bring pre-existing baggage to a new very expensive trilogy.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Rodimus said:

I kid I know some decided not to watch Solo at all but I also think some big time fans might have only watched it once.

This reminds me of a story I read where some dude saw Infinity War like some 60+ times. I'm sure there are similar fans for Star Wars that do the same so by them seeing it once actually does affect the box office :p

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, number305 said:

The two announced teams currently working on trilogies have not been cancelled at this point... however I would not count Rian's trilogy as a slam dunk at this point.  I think Disney is taking a step back to figure everything out.  Ep 8 was divisive for the fan base, I would not be surprised for them to move on from Rian.  There are a lot of quality directors out there who would not bring pre-existing baggage to a new very expensive trilogy.  

 

Disney likes making money, Johnson’s entry made well over a billion dollars at the box office alone. They don’t care about divisiveness in the fan base as long as they sell tickets and merch.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...