Just Finished Listening to All 24 hours of Giant Bomb's GOTY 2018 (2nd Year in a Row!) AMA

Keyser_Soze

17 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I get why people don't like Brad's strategy, but he makes this podcast work for me every year. He's very passionate and by far the most prepared and eloquent. When he disagrees with Dan it really entertains me. I really love their dynamic, and I get a kick out of how Brad kind of self awaringly (not a word) plays the "game" more than anyone else. Also, if you don't follow GB all that much and don't like Brad from these pods, just know that he's a genuinely awesome human being.  

I like Brad but I feel like your assessment is off here. I think maybe Brad plays one or two games really hard but is ignorant about every other game released. He routinely comes on the podcast and asks a question and says "oh really?" and all this other stuff even I have paid attention to not even having played the game. :p

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I like Brad but I feel like your assessment is off here. I think maybe Brad plays one or two games really hard but is ignorant about every other game released. He routinely comes on the podcast and asks a question and says "oh really?" and all this other stuff even I have paid attention to not even having played the game. :p

When I say prepared, I mean of the games he has played. I think all of the GB staff, other than maybe Dan, is fairly out of tune with most of the games released in a year beyond like the first few hours of the game at best. 

Just the nature of what they try to do, that is, play soooo many games so they can talk about them each week, they don't dig in to that many of them in depth. 

54 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

When I say prepared, I mean of the games he has played. I think all of the GB staff, other than maybe Dan, is fairly out of tune with most of the games released in a year beyond like the first few hours of the game at best. 

Just the nature of what they try to do, that is, play soooo many games so they can talk about them each week, they don't dig in to that many of them in depth. 

Yeah they’re a unique clique. On today’s podcast the last example they gave kf good single player DLC was Shadow Broker. Like... Skyrim? Wild Hunt? Assassin’s Creed Origins? Whatever that Uncharted 4 thing was called? I mean come on now :p

Anyway their GOTY stuff is always an entertaining shit show. I love how they’re always wildly underprepared for the discussion of what the categories are. And LOL at the notion of GOTY being a battle of wills. It’s a damned shell game. The audacity of people saying “how can RDR2 be one of Giant Bomb’s most disappointing games when a couple people disagree with many more people who feel that it is” is just *italian chef kiss*