California utility PG&E considers bankruptcy filing due to wildfire liabilities, state could charge firm with murder if found liable

California utility, PG&E, could face murder charges if found liable in deadly wildfires

California’s giant utility, Pacific Gas and Electric, could face charges up to murder if it is found criminally liable in any of the state's recent deadly wildfires, the state’s attorney general said in a court filing.

California utility PG&E explores bankruptcy filing

California utility company PG&E Corp is exploring filing some or all of its business for bankruptcy protection as it faces billions of dollars in liabilities related to fatal wildfires in 2018 and 2017, people familiar with the matter said on Friday.

The company could receive financial help through legislation that would let it pass on to customers costs associated with fire liabilities, the sources said.

I'm sorry for situations like that, it shouldn't be allowed to do that. It is such bullshit the idea that they can basically punish the people that are the ones they affected. 

On 1/5/2019 at 1:33 PM, Littleronin said:

I'm sorry for situations like that, it shouldn't be allowed to do that. It is such bullshit the idea that they can basically punish the people that are the ones they affected. 

I think they already passed this legislation