P.T. demo now available on PC

morph89

C0nytQ.jpg

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/01/hobbyists-resurrect-kojimas-lost-game-p-t-as-a-free-pc-download/

...That changed on Friday with the release of a free, and largely authentic, replica of the experience. Unreal PT is now available for Windows PCs, and it offers a nearly identical playthrough of the PS4 original. Ars has played through the 1.6GB experience and confirmed that it delivers a remarkable version of the Hideo Kojima original.

Can be downloaded here

Never got a chance to play the original. Looking forward to trying it out.

10 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

I've never really understood the fascination with PT.  I played it briefly, found it boring, and never worried that I no longer had a copy of it.

It’s a really good and scary horror experience that was dropped out of nowhere with a collective effort to figure out its arbitrary progression. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

And this will be slapped with a "cease and desist" order in 3...2...

Does Konami actually care enough to bother any more now that they just do pachinko?

But yeah, if you care you should probably grab this ASAP before it gets pulled.

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

Played about 5 minutes. Definitely cool to see on pc. I didn't care to copy it over from my ps4 to pro a while back so I lost it. It was more of a time and place kind of thing when people were trying to figure it out. Still cool to have on pc though. 

Wouldn't matter--the game stopped booting a couple years ago. Even if you have the game installed on the PS4, it won't start up. 

7 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

It’s a really good and scary horror experience that was dropped out of nowhere with a collective effort to figure out its arbitrary progression. 

It is a really boring, non-scary  and over-hyped horror experience that was announced at a major tradeshow. as a teaser for a never released game by Konami

• Guillotine 2

That actually looks really good, better than the other remake that was out there a year or two ago. 

5 hours ago, Emblazon said:

Wouldn't matter--the game stopped booting a couple years ago. Even if you have the game installed on the PS4, it won't start up. 

You can still do some tinkering and get it to download again, actually.  At least that was true last I checked a couple months ago. But this version is still good to have since it almost certainly won't be re-downloadable on PS5.

14 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Well shit, if mike didn't find it scary and declares everyone was wrong in their excitement, what more is there to say?

:shrug:  People always want the forbidden fruit.  Konami says people can't have this -- WE MUST FIND A WAY!

14 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Be brave like Mike.

I'm not brave.  I'm a scaredy cat.  I can't take scary movies.

13 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Cool, man. 

I was reacting to your response to me.