Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

A woman who's been in a vegetative state for at least 14 yrs, gave birth to a baby boy Saturday. She was being cared for at a long-term care facility in Phoenix. Now investigators are searching for who raped her.

Recommended Posts

I actually got a few responses into this thread before my brain processed exactly what had transpired. I'm still struggling to understand how the fuck this could happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shitty nursing home has history of being shitty

 

Quote

Hacienda’s annual average cost of care was $386,000 per client in 2012 compared with $134,000 per client in similar U.S. facilities, Arizona Department of Economic Security auditors said.

This part pisses me the fuck off the most. The level of care you could provide at home with that kind of funding incredible, instead a resident gets raped. I get $42k a year for home care which only covers 57 hours a week of my 168 hour need. If I need more than 57 hours, the state argues a nursing home is cheaper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 11:55 AM, SFLUFAN said:

The staff was allegedly unaware of the pregnancy until she started moaning.

 

I find that a little hard to believe.

I don’t. Most nursing homes are shit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

Shitty nursing home has history of being shitty

 

This part pisses me the fuck off the most. The level of care you could provide at home with that kind of funding incredible, instead a resident gets raped. I get $42k a year for home care which only covers 57 hours a week of my 168 hour need. If I need more than 57 hours, the state argues a nursing home is cheaper. 

$386,000 per client per year seems insane! Over $1,000 a day for someone like this lady to lay in a bed and be taken care of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

$386,000 per client per year seems insane! Over $1,000 a day for someone like this lady to lay in a bed and be taken care of.

That's $44.18 an hour. I could hire 2 RNs per shift with that kind of money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Can't say I know many RNs who'd work for $22/hr.

One of my PCAs recently graduated with her RN and is working at the local hospital for $22/hr. She's also locked into a 2 year contract where she owes them $10k for "training costs" if she leaves early and owes 30 days of contract extension per $100 of tuition reimbursement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

One of my PCAs recently graduated with her RN and is working at the local hospital for $22/hr. She's also locked into a 2 year contract where she owes them $10k for "training costs" if she leaves early and owes 30 days of contract extension per $100 of tuition reimbursement.

That's pretty pathetic, and I live and work in Arkansas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

That's pretty pathetic, and I live and work in Arkansas. 

Welcome to rural North Carolina! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jwheel86 said:

Welcome to rural North Carolina! 

NC is beautiful, but no thanks. 

 

Shit, if I weren't married and settled, I'd do some travel nursing and head out to California for a while. I'd rack up some nice paychecks for a while and pay off my house even quicker. Kaberle makes me jealous with what he's making in the Bay area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

NC is beautiful, but no thanks. 

 

Shit, if I weren't married and settled, I'd do some travel nursing and head out to California for a while. I'd rack up some nice paychecks for a while and pay off my house even quicker. Kaberle makes me jealous with what he's making in the Bay area.

 

With the ridiculous COL in the Bay area, you're better off where you are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

NC is beautiful, but no thanks. 

 

Shit, if I weren't married and settled, I'd do some travel nursing and head out to California for a while. I'd rack up some nice paychecks for a while and pay off my house even quicker. Kaberle makes me jealous with what he's making in the Bay area.

Travel Nursing is her plan once her contract is up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jose said:

 

With the ridiculous COL in the Bay area, you're better off where you are.

That's why I specified travel nursing. I have zero desire to live in California.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

That's why I specified travel nursing. I have zero desire to live in California.

 

How does that work, precisely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jose said:

 

How does that work, precisely?

I've never seriously looked into it, but knowing and having worked with various travel nurses, you work for an agency, take an assignment to a hospital for a certain period of time, and most of the time you're set up with a place to live while you're on assignment or at least assistance in paying for your rent. Depends on the agency you work for and the demand in a particular area.

 

It's quite lucrative and a lot of nurses who are single and willing to bounce around from place to place do it and make damn good money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jose said:

 

With the ridiculous COL in the Bay area, you're better off where you are.

 

34 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Wut?

 

@Jose from what I've gathered from the travel nurses I've met the housing costs are covered as part of the contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Shit, if I weren't married and settled, I'd do some travel nursing and head out to California for a while. I'd rack up some nice paychecks for a while and pay off my house even quicker. Kaberle makes me jealous with what he's making in the Bay area.

 

But how many homeless guys faking heart attacks would you like to treat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

 

But how many homeless guys faking heart attacks would you like to treat?

Well, I recently took care of a guy who swallowed razor blades for the 12th or 15th time in the last year and a woman who OD'ed on meth because she shoved 28 grams up her vagina during a drug bust, then cursed out the staff with her boyfriend because they weren't allowed to shower together. 

 

I can handle just about anything these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Good lord, I said that in the post above. 

 

I'm having fun times doing bowel prep for a capsule endoscopy tomorrow morning. :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Well, I recently took care of a guy who swallowed razor blades for the 12th or 15th time in the last year and a woman who OD'ed on meth because she shoved 28 grams up her vagina during a drug bust, then cursed out the staff with her boyfriend because they weren't allowed to shower together. 

 

I can handle just about anything these days.

Jesus Christ. I find this type of stuff fascinating but could never do the actual job. Salute the nurses  :flag_us_inverted:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johnny said:

Jesus Christ. I find this type of stuff fascinating but could never do the actual job. Salute the nurses  :flag_us_inverted:

I could write a lengthy book on my experiences, as could just about any nurse who works with the unwashed masses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

 

I can handle just about anything these days.

 

Nothing like that happens around here so it would feel like a vacation for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

 

Nothing like that happens around here so it would feel like a vacation for you!

Dumb, trashy people exist literally everywhere. California is not immune. Kab has his own horror stories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pikachu said:

 

This is gendered bias, but when I read that a nurse did it, I thought "how could a woman get another woman pregnant???"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Story just got significantly more fucked up: 

 

“The victim’s parents would like to make clear that she is not in a coma,” the family of the 29-year-old Native American woman said in a statement through their attorney.

“She has significant intellectual disabilities as a result of seizures very early in her childhood,” says the statement obtained by PEOPLE. “She does not speak but has some ability to move her limbs, head and neck. Their daughter responds to sound and is able to make facial gestures.”

“The important thing is that she is a beloved daughter, albeit with significant intellectual disabilities,” the statement continues. “She has feelings, likes to be read to, enjoys soft music, and is capable of responding to people she is familiar with, especially family.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

Story just got significantly more fucked up: 

 

“The victim’s parents would like to make clear that she is not in a coma,” the family of the 29-year-old Native American woman said in a statement through their attorney.

“She has significant intellectual disabilities as a result of seizures very early in her childhood,” says the statement obtained by PEOPLE. “She does not speak but has some ability to move her limbs, head and neck. Their daughter responds to sound and is able to make facial gestures.”

“The important thing is that she is a beloved daughter, albeit with significant intellectual disabilities,” the statement continues. “She has feelings, likes to be read to, enjoys soft music, and is capable of responding to people she is familiar with, especially family.”

Tell me there is a God now oh so very religious peoples. :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jwheel86 said:

Story just got significantly more fucked up: 

 

“The victim’s parents would like to make clear that she is not in a coma,” the family of the 29-year-old Native American woman said in a statement through their attorney.

“She has significant intellectual disabilities as a result of seizures very early in her childhood,” says the statement obtained by PEOPLE. “She does not speak but has some ability to move her limbs, head and neck. Their daughter responds to sound and is able to make facial gestures.”

“The important thing is that she is a beloved daughter, albeit with significant intellectual disabilities,” the statement continues. “She has feelings, likes to be read to, enjoys soft music, and is capable of responding to people she is familiar with, especially family.”

I didn't think this story could get any worse... fuck Batman,  where's the goddamned Punisher when you need him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...