Erik Wolpaw -- co-writer of Half-Life Episodes/Portal/Portal 2 and writer of Psychonauts 2 -- has allegedly returned to Valve

Commissar SFLUFAN

The had their chance with Half Life. At this point I don't know what a new HL game would even be. If it was VR related there's no way I'd be investing that much in pc hardware to run it. If it was just continuing the same story, it would have to be something ground breaking to make up for this amount of time. I just don't see it.  

I’m fine with them releasing a modern playing FPS with the gravity gun and some good enemy AI and just continuing the story. I don’t quite get the pedestal the series is placed on. I mean, I think HL2 is one of the best FPS games ever, but people always say things like “I don’t even know what HL3 would BE at this point,” as if it has to revolutionize the genre. 

Just make a good game. It’s a fun setting. 

2 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

The had their chance with Half Life. At this point I don't know what a new HL game would even be. If it was VR related there's no way I'd be investing that much in pc hardware to run it. If it was just continuing the same story, it would have to be something ground breaking to make up for this amount of time. I just don't see it.  

Agreed. A New HL, no matter how good, will always live in the shadow of the series legacy at this point. Its time for HL Karts! :sun:

• Haha 1