Looks like 2019 Will Be The Year to Buy OLED

AbsolutSurgen

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

XboneX supports vrr and the anti-latency hdmi 2.1 stuff already. Hopefully nVidia suppports vrr through HDMI on their next cards.

I think what’s annoying is nvidia is trying to make their big tv play to keep gsync licensesing going. But nobody is going to buy their tv, so we have to just sit and wait for it to play out, watch it fail, and then have them finally do the new tv standard. 

Well I bought mine last year. and that was the year befores model. I'm very happy with it. I recomend OLED for sure. Movies look good and so do games. The black levels are amazing. Classic games I play that are 4 by 3 the black bars are so dark the pixels are off and looks like part of the frame.

2 hours ago, legend said:

This is exactly the TV I would retiring. Thing had some serious fucking legs on it.

I have a 4K set in my livingroom and a Panny Plasma in the bedroom. If I get an OLED, my current 4K would go in the bedroom replacing the Panny Plasma. Those Pannys are damn near indestructible... it's outlasted TV's I've bought afterwards.

• Like 1

This is what I have been waiting for might wait till next year to pick it up because I will need a HDMI 2.1 compatible GPU and receiver.

If you are interested in these TVs LGs usually hit the market around April and drop in price through the year bottoming out around black friday to Christmas time. 

44 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

If what the OP says is true, then 2020 will actually be the year to buy OLED, once they drop the price on these to make room for the 2020 models.

YUPPPP

I’m also seeing 75” shown a lot more in store displays so im hoping they start to occupy the price point space that 65” does, bringing those down closer to the much more reasonable 55” price range.

On 1/4/2019 at 12:02 AM, stepee said:

I think what’s annoying is nvidia is trying to make their big tv play to keep gsync licensesing going. But nobody is going to buy their tv, so we have to just sit and wait for it to play out, watch it fail, and then have them finally do the new tv standard. 

https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-brings-g-sync-support-to-freesync-monitors/

Welp, thankfully I was wrong about that! This is great news. Note: This can be turned on manually with monitors that aren’t officially certified to meet their standards.

@Mr.Vic20