The Mock Gambling Thread - WILD CARD ROUND - BasemntDweller2 stays strong!

Slug

Fueled by a huge bet on the Feature Game and being one of only 2 players to hit the picks bonus in Week 17, BasemntDweller2 maintains his tenative lead going into the playoffs!  But other players had big gains this week as well; can he continue to hold them off?!

-= WEEK 17 RESULTS =-

Feature Game: Indianapolis Colts (-3.5) @ Tennessee Titans

The Colts dismantled the Titans by a score of 33(-3.5)-17.  Bets on Indy win.

-= QUESTIONS =-

1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? Colts touchdown, Colts field goal, Colts safety, Titans touchdown, Titans field goal, Titans safety, or other? ($6,000 for the correct call)

The scoring was kicked off by an 11 yard red zone touchdown pass from Luck to Inman.  Colts TD guesses get it.

2) Which team in the Feature Game will be penalized the most in terms of yardage? ($5,000 for the correct call)

The Colts were consuming pumpkins to the tune of 12 penalties for 96 yards compared to 9/75 for the Titans.  Calls on Indy get it.

3) Name the quarterback that will throw for the fewest yards in week 17 (minimum 8 pass attempts) ($7,000 for the correct answer)

Josh Johnson threw 27 times for 91 yards, just 3.3 yards per pass.  Shockingly nobody called this bum's name.

4) How many combined rushing yards will the Packers tally this week: 0-49, 50-99, 100-149, 150-199, 200+? ($6,000 for the correct answer)

The Packers put up a big 46 rushing yards total this week, with 40 of that coming from their QB.  0-46 is the right call which nobody got.

5) Pick the winners ($5,000 for each correct pick, $8,000 bonus if you call all 3 correctly)
Philadelphia @ Washington
Miami @ Buffalo
Chicago @ Minnesota

Only BasemntDweller2 and RedSox9 called all 3 games correctly to earn the final regular season pick bonus!

6) Playoff picture: There are three teams still on the outside looking in for a playoff spot, needing various scenarios to happen for them to get in; the Titans, Steelers and Eagles. How many of them ultimately make the playoffs when the dust settles at the end of Week 17?  ($5,000 for the correct number)

Of the 3 bubble teams only the Eagles hit the right scenario to make it into the playoffs.  1 is the answer.

7) Celebrating the final touchdowns of 2018 - Name any game and name the player who will score the final touchdown in that game. ($15,000 for a correct combination)

There were many final touchdowns of 2018, but nobody here called any of them.

8) Name the player who will rush for the most yards AND the player that will have the most receiving yards in Week 17. ($20,000 for each player named correctly, $40,000 bonus if both names are called)

C.J. Anderson rushed for 132 yards to lead the pack and George Kittle took in 149 through the air to head up the receivers in Week 17.  Nobody called either player.

-= THE LEADERBOARD =-
@BasemntDweller2 - $224,100
@RedSoxFan9 - $203,400
@thewhyteboar - $189,550
@Biggie - $125,000
@Keyser_Soze - $121,300
Slug - $100,000
@Alpha1Cowboy - $78,500
@SFLUFAN - $69,000
@Jose - $65,400
@Greatoneshere - $21,000
@mikechorney - $17,000
@Kal-El814 - $10,500
@johnny - $9,100

Remember; it's never too late to start!  Everyone begins with $1,000 no matter which week you jump in!

Good luck to everyone in Wild Card Weekend!  Feature Game and Questions follow this post!

-= THE RULES =-

1. You make your bet and answer the questions simply by posting on the thread each week with your pick for the featured game along with your bet, followed by your answers to the prediction questions.

2. Everyone starts with $1,000. If a user doesn't start until week 3, they still start with $1,000. Your best bet it to get in early and play every week.

3. If you somehow reach $0 you are not out of the competition. You can't bet on the feature game during weeks that you are broke, but you can answer the prediction questions and hope to earn cash to gamble the following week.

4. IMPORTANT: I will set a deadline for getting your entries for the week in (usually before kick-off of that week's first game). It is imperative that you make your post before the deadline. The entry thread will be locked at the deadline so if you don't get your entry in by then you lose out on the chance to make money that week.

5. I work full time AND coach youth football AND go to school when I can AND have a near crippling gaming addiction AND probably drink too much. Responsibilities and personality flaws allowing, I will attempt to post the results and the next week's game/questions each Tuesday, as early as possible. Keep in mind though that there may be some wackiness here and there based on my schedule and hangovers. Pay attention.

6. For the official recording of stats/yardage NFL.com will be used. Whatever their site says on Tuesday morning is what counts.  No whining.

8. Accounts created within the current calendar month are not eligible to play and any entries from such accounts will not be considered.

-= Previous Weeks =-

Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12
Week 13
Week 14
Week 15
Week 16
Week 17

## WILD CARD ROUND MOCK GAMBLING - SPREAD AND QUESTIONS ##

DEADLINE FOR WILD CARD ROUND ENTRIES - 1/5/2018 (SATURDAY) 4:34pm EASTERN
THREAD WILL BE LOCKED AT THE DEADLINE SO GET YOUR ENTRIES IN!

Wild Card Feature Game
Seattle Seahawks @ Dallas Cowboys (-2.5)
(Remember you are betting against the spread, not just the outright winner)

QUESTIONS

Playoffs note: Fewer games means 2 fewer questions!  Make the most of them!  Also the weekly rushing/receiving title question award and bonus is scaled back slightly as there are now 20 fewer team rosters of players to choose from.  Let's do this!  Post-season GO!!

1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? Seahawks touchdown, Seahawks field goal, Seahawks safety, Cowboys touchdown, Cowboys field goal, Cowboys safety, or other? ($7,000 for the correct call)

2) How many total turnovers (combined, both teams) will occur in the Feature Game? ($8,000 for the correct number)

3) Of the 4 Wild Card games this weekend, how many will be decided by 8 or fewer points? ($6,000 for the correct answer)

4) Who will be the most penalized team this weekend in terms of number of penalties (not yards)? ($6,000 for the correct team)

5) Pick the winners ($7,000 for each correct pick, $9,000 bonus if you call all 3 correctly)
Indianapolis @ Houston
L.A. Chargers @ Baltimore
Phiadelphia @ Chicago

6) Name the player who will rush for the most yards AND the player that will have the most receiving yards over Wild Card Weekend? ($15,000 for each player named correctly, $20,000 bonus if both names are called)

Good luck!

### Example Answer Post and MY ENTRY ###
Feature Game: Seattle. All the fake monies.

1. Seahawks TD
2. 3
3. 2
4. Philadelphia
5. Houston, Baltimore, Chicago
6. Howard, Hopkins
#####################

12 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

I had assumed this was done in Week 17...  I guess I screwed up my betting strategy...  (As well as my bets..)

Sorry.  I tried to be clear. :(  The original rules/announcement post sets the competition through the Super Bowl and I posted a reminder after the Week 15 post restating it.  But hey!  You're still in it!  4 weeks left; it'll be tough but possible; I've seen bigger position jumps in this competition over the years!

On 1/3/2019 at 9:58 AM, Slug said:

Wild Card Feature Game
Seattle Seahawks @ Dallas Cowboys (-2.5)
(Remember you are betting against the spread, not just the outright winner)

QUESTIONS

Playoffs note: Fewer games means 2 fewer questions!  Make the most of them!  Also the weekly rushing/receiving title question award and bonus is scaled back slightly as there are now 20 fewer team rosters of players to choose from.  Let's do this!  Post-season GO!!

1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? Seahawks touchdown, Seahawks field goal, Seahawks safety, Cowboys touchdown, Cowboys field goal, Cowboys safety, or other? ($7,000 for the correct call)

2) How many total turnovers (combined, both teams) will occur in the Feature Game? ($8,000 for the correct number)

3) Of the 4 Wild Card games this weekend, how many will be decided by 8 or fewer points? ($6,000 for the correct answer)

4) Who will be the most penalized team this weekend in terms of number of penalties (not yards)? ($6,000 for the correct team)

5) Pick the winners ($7,000 for each correct pick, $9,000 bonus if you call all 3 correctly)
Indianapolis @ Houston
L.A. Chargers @ Baltimore
Phiadelphia @ Chicago

6) Name the player who will rush for the most yards AND the player that will have the most receiving yards over Wild Card Weekend? ($15,000 for each player named correctly, $20,000 bonus if both names are called)

Good luck!

### Example Answer Post and MY ENTRY ###
Feature Game: Seattle. All the fake monies.

1. Seahawks TD
2. 3
3. 2
4. Philadelphia
5. Houston, Baltimore, Chicago
6. Howard, Hopkins
#####################

100k Seahawks

Seahawk Td

Philly

Houston, balt, Chicago

Hopkins and Zeke