Texas Manhunt to Search for Man Who Shot and Killed a Seven Year Old Girl

7-year-old girl was shot to death and her mother was wounded as they left a Walmart in Texas on Monday. Now police are searching for the suspect.

Jazmine Barnes and her mother, 30-year-old LaPorsha Washington, were shot as they left the store where they had shopped for juice for their breakfast, KTRK reported.

Deputies said the suspect pulled up next to the family's car and opened fire.

One of Jasmine's siblings made the discovery that her sister had been shot.

"She said, 'Momma, Jazmine's not moving. She's not talking.' I turned around and my 7-year-old was shot in the head," Washington told KTRK

The suspect is described as a white male in his 40s with a beard, KTRK reported. The vehicle was described as a red pickup truck. Thre is no information available on a license plate, or make and model of the truck.

https://www.wthr.com/article/manhunt-continues-suspect-who-fatally-shot-7-year-old-walmart-parking-lot

• Sad 1

Simultaneously infuriating and heartbreaking. My daughter is 7, I can’t even imagine. Also Houston has some really fantastic star athletes in guys like DeAndre Hopkins and JJ Watt who always go above and beyond for the people of this city.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/authorities-interviewing-persons-interest-murder-year-jazmine-barnes/story?id=60187049

Eric Black Jr and Larry Woodruff have been arrested. I believe both men are black. At the moment I keep seeing one mugshot. 

"After Black was taken in for the signal and drug violations, he was interviewed by homicide detectives and admitted to driving the rental vehicle that opened fire on Barnes' car. He also told police he had the pistol at his home, which matched shell casings found at the scene of Barnes' shooting." 

I think what I'm gathering is people claimed a white guy in the red pick up was the shooter but it was actually 2 black men in a different car. The pick up truck was an innocent bystander fleeing from the shooting. 

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/authorities-interviewing-persons-interest-murder-year-jazmine-barnes/story?id=60187049

Eric Black Jr and Larry Woodruff have been arrested. I believe both men are black. At the moment I keep seeing one mugshot. 

"After Black was taken in for the signal and drug violations, he was interviewed by homicide detectives and admitted to driving the rental vehicle that opened fire on Barnes' car. He also told police he had the pistol at his home, which matched shell casings found at the scene of Barnes' shooting." 

I think what I'm gathering is people claimed a white guy in the red pick up was the shooter but it was actually 2 black men in a different car. The pick up truck was an innocent bystander fleeing from the shooting. 

Does he resemble the sketch? If not then where did the sketch come from?

EDIT: Just read the story... interesting that they didn't discover this error before they put out the sketch.

56 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's not an error, the white guy is the guy who shot and the black guy hired him to shoot them but it was the wrong people.

Where did you read that? I don't think the article says that.... it says the White guy in the red  pickup was supposedly a bystander who was fleeing the scene.

Merritt explained the discrepancy in the police sketch and suspects arrested, saying, "Larry Woodruffe doesn’t fit the description offered by the 4 different witness statements or composite sketch. Accordingly, this tip was difficult to believe. Assuming the confession elicited is reliable— it is possible the previously identified suspect seen fleeing by several independent witnesses was a bystanader (sic) attempting to escape the shooting."

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Where did you read that? I don't think the article says that.... it says the White guy in the red  pickup was supposedly a bystander who was fleeing the scene.

Ah, derp on my part. I thought the guy arrested, Black, was a black guy who drove the car. The second guy Woodruffe is the guy who shot and I thought he was the white guy but... I was wrong!

Either way, something about this seems... off to me. Like we'll be seeing a Netflix crime series about this 15 years from now explaining how these guys are Patsies and Law Enforcement wanted to find a non-racial solution to this. Seems odd to me that several Eye-witnesses all describe the same suspect and vehicle but the perps are NOTHING like that. 

16 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Either way, something about this seems... off to me. Like we'll be seeing a Netflix crime series about this 15 years from now explaining how these guys are Patsies and Law Enforcement wanted to find a non-racial solution to this. Seems odd to me that several Eye-witnesses all describe the same suspect and vehicle but the perps are NOTHING like that. 

Some of this stuff is just exhausting to me. Having to see a weeks worth of articles about how racism and violence is alive and well in America. Black family getting shot up in broad daylight. But now the story is nothing like that. 2 bad guys put a hit on a car but had the wrong car all together. I'm assuming gang violence? Like you said, where did this description of a white guy come from? Did one person say it, so suddenly everyone at the scene latched on to it? Cover up? It's extremely sad for the innocent family. Everything else just added a huge layer of nonsense to it. 

28 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Some of this stuff is just exhausting to me. Having to see a weeks worth of articles about how racism and violence is alive and well in America. Black family getting shot up in broad daylight. But now the story is nothing like that. 2 bad guys put a hit on a car but had the wrong car all together. I'm assuming gang violence? Like you said, where did this description of a white guy come from? Did one person say it, so suddenly everyone at the scene latched on to it? Cover up? It's extremely sad for the innocent family. Everything else just added a huge layer of nonsense to it. 

FOUR bystanders described the white shooter. FOUR in addition to the mother who was in the car. Police were so sure of the previous description of the suspect that they put out the police sketch and description of the vehicle which is something the y WOULDN'T do if they were unsure. So now we're left to believe that either they bungled the first part of this investigation by putting out a wrong description or they are covering up the potential racial thunderstorm that could come from a racially motivated attack  by trotting out the usual suspects, "two unidentified black males".  Either way, Law enforcement does not look good here and they have casted a shadow of doubt over the whole thing where there really didn't need to be one. We need to really rethink our Law Enforcement and investigative practices in this country because we for sure are not getting the best outcomes.

and if it's exhausting for you to have to read the articles about how racism is alive and well in this country, imagine having to actually live through it and experience it first hand. I'm mostly insulated from it because I spend most of my time in fairly liberal areas of the country: New York/New Jersey area and Southern California/Los Angeles but I'm not immune to it and my family members and friends who live in... redder parts of the country, DEFINITELY are living this shift in tone in the country everyday. My niece was recently subjected to one of these "white guy intervening when he thinks a black person is in the wrong despite the fact that the situation had nothing to do with him" situations that are all over the place and it shook her up pretty seriously. So, even IF these two black dudes actually did this, it doesn't diminish or negate or illustrate an over statement or exaggeration of what is going on in this country and the current tone in the post Obama/Trump era. 

The sherrif’s office didn’t botch anything. They had credible accounts of shots fired from the red truck driver from multiple sources. They had ample evidence to believe this was a legitimate suspect.

The investigation continued and they found the actual killers who ultimately confessed to it.

Not sure why anybody is taking issue with it.