Mittens is getting in early on the brow furrowing.

1 minute ago, thewhyteboar said:

And lets not forget how Mitt sought Trump's endorsement during the 2012 campaign. Mitt is just like all other Republicans; he wants to grind the poor under the heels of the rich, he just wants to use polite words while doing so.

43e.jpg

• Thanks 1

If Trump had said 4 years ago the things he says today about the KKK, Muslims, Mexicans, disabled, I would NOT have accepted his endorsement
    — Mitt Romney (@MittRomney) March 3, 2016

https://twitter.com/MittRomney/status/705471184935190532

Thank you Mr. President for the support. I hope that over the course of the campaign I also earn the support and endorsement of the people of Utah.
    — Mitt Romney (@MittRomney) February 20, 2018

https://twitter.com/MittRomney/status/965782061503062016

• Guillotine 2

I don't know how to react anymore. Him writing this after playing footsie is disappointing, but I'd be more disappointed if he hadn't. 

Better question is why open his Senate tenure with (what will be perceived as) a broadside like this? To provide cover for other senators who hate POTUS? To position for a quixotic 2020 run? 

But, meh, until I see real pushback in the Senate, my reaction is mostly a shrug. 

9 minutes ago, ByWatterson said:

I don't know how to react anymore. Him writing this after playing footsie is disappointing, but I'd be more disappointed if he hadn't. 

Better question is why open his Senate tenure with a broadside like this? To provide cover for other senators who hate POTUS? To position for a quixotic 2020 run? 

But, meh, until I see real pushback in the Senate, my reaction is mostly a shrug. 

THIS is a broadside?

Come on. 

8 minutes ago, ByWatterson said:

From him it is. That's how Trump will take it, anyway.

But yeah, it's fairly tepid. 

Alright, well. Like you said, the words don't matter. This is more like Flake and Corker have aimed at Trump. Let's see if Mitt governs as a foil to Trump and a champion of the classic GOP. 

Oh wait, he's going to vote for everything that Trump wants. 

45 minutes ago, CayceG said:

THIS is a broadside?

Come on. 

To Trump and his supporters?  This is like shitting on the man's front lawn.  I can't wait to see the tweets from the President about this tomorrow.  If dueling were still legal Trump would DEMAND that one of his cabinet members duel Romney on the steps of the Capitol. 

23 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Alright, well. Like you said, the words don't matter. This is more like Flake and Corker have aimed at Trump. Let's see if Mitt governs as a foil to Trump and a champion of the classic GOP. 

Oh wait, he's going to vote for everything that Trump wants. 

There is no reason for Romney to NOT support standard cut/paste conservative legislation, regardless of what Republican is in the White House.  

24 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

To Trump and his supporters?  This is like shitting on the man's front lawn.  I can't wait to see the tweets from the President about this tomorrow.  If dueling were still legal Trump would DEMAND that one of his cabinet members duel Romney on the steps of the Capitol. 

They sound like a bunch of fuckin snowflakes to me then.