Titan V performs the same as a 2080ti in raytracing mode, does not have TR cores!

Mr.Vic20

Quite interesting if it's true. However, that doesn't necessarily mean the RT cores are irrelevant. Titan V is close to 3x the cost of a 2080Ti. The old architecture may not scale nor be affordable even compared with the first version of this new architecture.

I was ever so close to building the "new gaming PC" before the Fire hit us in California! I'll never be able to do a card like the Titan V, but I was SOLD on the 2080Ti and still want one so badly. I know now I'll likely have to wait till Next year, yes another whole year before I can even start to part a new build. I'll be a Laptop gamer for and PC user for the near future. That said, wow reading about the power of some of these "BEAST" cards is fun stuff. Right now a 2080Ti is going for around 1200-1400 that just isn't me. Now 900 and I might just start pricing that 8700k and Ram right away . . .lol 

Good new is the 3080Ti should be around 1100'ish at launch if I jump on the preorders? there only say one year away too right?

6 minutes ago, HardAct said:

I was ever so close to building the "new gaming PC" before the Fire hit us in California! I'll never be able to do a card like the Titan V, but I was SOLD on the 2080Ti and still want one so badly. I know now I'll likely have to wait till Next year, yes another whole year before I can even start to part a new build. I'll be a Laptop gamer for and PC user for the near future. That said, wow reading about the power of some of these "BEAST" cards is fun stuff. Right now a 2080Ti is going for around 1200-1400 that just isn't me. Now 900 and I might just start pricing that 8700k and Ram right away . . .lol 

Good new is the 3080Ti should be around 1100'ish at launch if I jump on the preorders? there only say one year away too right?

I may upgrade this year depending on how good Navi aftermarket cards are compared to my Vega 64. You can have my Vega if you want it assuming I upgrade. Just warning it is a power hog needs 2 8 pin connectors. I don't expect Navi cards to come out until Q3 though so it will be a bit. 

Amazing offer, I haven't used anything other that Nvidia in 15 years. I'll be keeping tabs on you kind sir . . . lol Just looked up your card, looks to be far better than the 980Ti rig I was using until the fire. I do want something that will be future proof aka 4k gaming. That said, I have nothing right now, and that card could really speed up a build this year. I do not have cash to through at a Gaming rig  probably even this year. :twothumbsup: Thank you so much. So many of you guys, great cummunity we have here for sure!