Jump to content
~*Please Support the GoFundMe Campaign for HardAct*~ Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Spork3245

Help me remember a SNES game

Recommended Posts

This has been driving me nuts! Trying to remember an old snes game, I remember it was hyped to hell pre-release and you played as a sorcerer or something and had a blue orb. It was *not* Soul Blazer, though, as it was a side-scroller and not an isometric view. 

Help? :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

This has been driving me nuts! Trying to remember an old snes game, I remember it was hyped to hell pre-release and you played as a sorcerer or something and had a blue orb. It was *not* Soul Blazer, though, as it was a side-scroller and not an isometric view. 

Help? :p 

 

Was it this?

 

Image result for snes sorcerer blue orb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

That's Magic Sword.

 

Or is it this?

 

36268-Warlock_(USA)-1458993288.png

 

That's Warlock.

 

WARLOCK! YES!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy shit, I actually found the game and I haven't played ANY of that. :lol:

 

Happy motherfucking New Year. :] 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Holy shit, I actually found the game and I haven't played ANY of that. :lol:

 

Happy motherfucking New Year. :] 

What is the name of the game ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rodimus said:

What is the name of the game ?

 

Warlock. It's in the post. :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely loved Warlock as a kid. I bet it totally sucks now and I'll pretend it's a great game while reminiscing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bloodporne said:

I absolutely loved Warlock as a kid. I bet it totally sucks now and I'll pretend it's a great game while reminiscing.

 

I remember it being really bad, even as a kid. I just remember it being ridiculously hyped in magazines and commercials, I was so excited to get it... but, playing it I was like “wtf is this?”. :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

 

I remember it being really bad, even as a kid. I just remember it being ridiculously hyped in magazines and commercials, I was so excited to get it... but, playing it I was like “wtf is this?”. :p 

I was really into that corny  movie so the whole marketing worked on me like a charm. I'm sure it plays like hot garbage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Bloodporne said:

I was really into that corny  movie so the whole marketing worked on me like a charm. I'm sure it plays like hot garbage. 

 

It’s an LJN game (I don’t remember the movie :( )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spork3245 said:

 

It’s an LJN game (I don’t remember the movie :( )

Super cheesy. 

 

It has Julian Sands for fuck's sake, that's an immediate 10/10 on the cheese scale. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

 

I remember it being really bad, even as a kid. I just remember it being ridiculously hyped in magazines and commercials, I was so excited to get it... but, playing it I was like “wtf is this?”. :p 

I remember playing this when we rented it at a video game store lol.

What made you think of this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

I remember playing this when we rented it at a video game store lol.

What made you think of this?

 

I started watching this YouTube channel called SNES Drunk, where the guy goes back and reviews SNES/Genesis games or explains why they were hyped (also has lists of where he goes through "best games where you have magic", "underrated games that went under the radar", "Genesis games that we wish were on SNES", "16-bit games that deserve a re-release/remake", etc). It's nice to see games that I remember from my childhood being reviewed to where it's like "I can't believe I ever liked this POS" or "Damn, I miss that game". With the exception of the list videos, the vids are 3-5 minutes (list vids are 8-10), which also makes the channel fantastic. I wanted to see if he ever did this game (as I mentioned in the OP and then later in this thread) since I remember it being super-hyped and being a POS when I played it. :p  

 

BTW - I rented it too, from Hollywood Video IIRC :daydream: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2019 at 10:17 AM, Bloodporne said:

Super cheesy. 

 

It has Julian Sands for fuck's sake, that's an immediate 10/10 on the cheese scale. 

I remember that movie... cheesy as fuck but I remember thinking it was awesome at the time. Pretty sure it had at least one if not more sequels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I remember that movie... cheesy as fuck but I remember thinking it was awesome at the time. Pretty sure it had at least one if not more sequels.

Some-fucking-how, it goes up to Warlock 3!

 

It's like Phantasm where the first was cheesy but very charming and weird and then...oh boy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LJN had a hand in Wef games... Royal Rumble for Snes was pretty good..

 

Warlock just triggered me to remember

the immortal- solid game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 4:12 PM, Zarich said:

Ugg  Anything by LJn = Steam Pile of Crap

 

 

Quote

You take one look at that logo and you just know there is no gold at the end of that rainbow. Because this my friends is the unholy stamp of death

 

 

JAWS is one of my favorite NES games doe so they did some right at least for me. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×