Which controller should I get for my PC  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which controller should I get for my PC

• Xbox One
    • Xbox One Elite
    • PS4
    • Other

34 minutes ago, Raggit said:

Oops, I don't know why I was thinking of the thumbsticks. :doh:Are the paddles removable? I can totally see myself pressing those by accident... constantly. During intense moments my grip can get pretty tight, lol.

I'll see if my local Game Stop or Best Buy has one on display that I can feel.

Yes paddles are removable.

7 hours ago, Raggit said:

Oops, I don't know why I was thinking of the thumbsticks. :doh:Are the paddles removable? I can totally see myself pressing those by accident... constantly. During intense moments my grip can get pretty tight, lol.

I'll see if my local Game Stop or Best Buy has one on display that I can feel.

Paddles are completely removable and configurable. 

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

My friend has one so he can be pro at destiny. It has no rumble. I used it once.

Wait, wait, wait.

Keyser, tou aren’t talking about the new Scuf controller, are you?!

I’d be stunned if that thing that costs $199 for the wireless doesn’t have rumble.

I'm another that one that would suggest the X1 elite, best controller I've had. As far as the paddles, they are sensitive, but it's something you have to adapt over time and you wont have issues. It's hard in the beginning especially if you grip your controller hard like I've do. Also like some already mentioned paddles can be removed. At this point you should wait for a sale on it at there has been a few that has brought it down to $100.

As far as scuf, I bought myself one this past year . The scuf impact, after contemplating whether to get one because I read people have a lot of issues with them and eventually something breaks. After a few months of the impact being out and a lot of people giving it good reviews I decided to pull the trigger. A week after its 6 month warranty the L3 button stopped working. The L3 button is sprint on most games. When it worked it was a really damn good controller and I liked it much. At this point I wouldn't recommend scuf to anyone.

34 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

Wait, wait, wait.

Keyser, tou aren’t talking about the new Scuf controller, are you?!

I’d be stunned if that thing that costs $199 for the wireless doesn’t have rumble.

Well I don't know anything about a new scuf controller as it was like last year when I tried it out. Anyway, no rumble makes it more "pro" but I think it's probably an option since you can customize what you like in them. (just checked and removing rumble is an option)

About Rumbles

The vibration of a controller can throw off your aim in-game; this is why most competitive gamers have them removed.

• Removing the rumbles also provides you with a lighter controller for added comfort during gameplay.
  • Please note that removing the rumbles will also disable the rumbles placed in the triggers of the controller.

22 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well I don't know anything about a new scuf controller as it was like last year when I tried it out. Anyway, no rumble makes it more "pro" but I think it's probably an option since you can customize what you like in them. (just checked and removing rumble is an option)

In the most recent Gameinformer they showed the one I was talking about...KS...wow, it really was nice.  Not too dissimilar from the X1's Elite controller.  It had offset stick, as well.

However, for my PS4 use, I just can't justify it.

EDIT:  Here it is.  This is the wired "cheaper" version.  Wireless is $199.

https://scufgaming.com/vantage?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIn_KhgYeI3AIV0AOGCh0drA3rEAAYASACEgKJZ_D_BwE

Thanks for all the info! I'm leaning towards the Elite controller, but I really want to get a feel for it myself before dropping so much money on a controller. I'll try and find a place that has one on display... after this damn heat wave is finished lol. My second choice would be the regular X1 controller should I decide against the Elite.

4 hours ago, Raggit said:

Thanks for all the info! I'm leaning towards the Elite controller, but I really want to get a feel for it myself before dropping so much money on a controller. I'll try and find a place that has one on display... after this damn heat wave is finished lol. My second choice would be the regular X1 controller should I decide against the Elite.

Honestly the regular XBO Controller has a mediocre DPad with the Elite being a step up... however instead of spending the money on the Elite why not just get a PS4 controller and put in the extra work to get it to work (says someone who hates dealing with anything that isn't just plug and play).

7 hours ago, DPCyric said:

Honestly the regular XBO Controller has a mediocre DPad with the Elite being a step up... however instead of spending the money on the Elite why not just get a PS4 controller and put in the extra work to get it to work (says someone who hates dealing with anything that isn't just plug and play).

The d-pad on the XBO is pretty damn good. IMO much better for fighting games. 

D-Pads.jpg