Sears to close 80 stores in March

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/sears-125-year-old-retail-icon-has-12-hours-survive-n952586

The employer of more than 68,000 filed for bankruptcy in October. Its last shot at survival is a $4.6 billion proposal put forward by its chairman, Eddie Lampert, to buy the company out of bankruptcy through his hedge fund, ESL Investments. ESL is the only party offering to buy Sears as a whole, people familiar with the situation told CNBC. Without that bid or another like it, liquidators will break the company up into pieces.

But as Lampert stares down a deadline of Dec. 28 to submit his offer, he has neither submitted his bid, nor rounded up financing, said the people familiar with the situation. Should Lampert submit a bid, Sears’ advisors would have until Jan. 4 to decide whether he is a “qualified bidder.” Only then could ESL take part in an auction against liquidation bids on Jan. 14.

Once Kmart is gone, my small town will only have Fred Meyer (Kroger chain) and Coastal (farm and ranch store) to buy clothing.  Both Fred Meyer and Coastal are expensive.  And Kmart clothing was cheaply made and cheap in price.   I guess I'll start shopping for clothes online, or driving an hour and a half to Portland. 

This thread title sounds like the premise for a very boring Horror movie.

41 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Once Kmart is gone, my small town will only have Fred Meyer (Kroger chain) and Coastal (farm and ranch store) to buy clothing.  Both Fred Meyer and Coastal are expensive.  And Kmart clothing was cheaply made and cheap in price.   I guess I'll start shopping for clothes online, or driving an hour and a half to Portland. 

Shoes and socks are one of the things I am going to miss brick and mortar stores for. Most things I am not too picky about, and you usually find better deals online for anyway, but I have a hell of a time finding the right shoes. Can't imagine trying to find the right ones online.