Best uhd movies to show off 4k and HDR?

Coco is another example of a UHD-BR that really will put your OLED to use. Supposedly this film is one of the best examples of HDR use. I watched it and Im not sure its the best,  but it really does an amazing job taking advantage of it. 

14 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I know that the movie is probably awful, but, that clip/demo on the Dolby Experience app has me debating on purchasing a copy of The Great Wall for $11 :p 

It’s legitimately one of the most impressive HDR demos I’ve seen so far.

I've heard good things about that disc, though don't have it myself.

4 hours ago, atom631 said:

Cant wait to see this. I missed it in the movies and had recently finished reading the book. Im waiting to watch it on UHD-BR to get the best audio/video experience from it. Its painful to hold out as Ive seen UHD codes floating around already for 8-10 bux. 

I'm in exactly the same boat

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, atom631 said:

TONS of 4K UHD-BRs for sale on Amazon for prime day. https://slickdeals.net/f/11817671-prime-members-4k-uhd-blu-ray-movies-the-matrix-wonder-woman-inception-15-each-more-free-s-h?src=SiteSearch . I think something like 180+ titles. 

I only grabbed Wonder Woman bc Gal Gadot. <3

I picked up Harry Potter collection since it was $79.99

There are others I want, but I've spent so much money recently.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2018 at 10:38 PM, Spork3245 said:

I know that the movie is probably awful, but, that clip/demo on the Dolby Experience app has me debating on purchasing a copy of The Great Wall for $11 :p 

It’s legitimately one of the most impressive HDR demos I’ve seen so far.

I can confirm that this movie is terrible. I can also confirm, that while the HDR is very good, the Dolby Vision demo in the Dolby Experience app for this movie has definitely been “enhanced” by Dolby as the actual movie isn’t as “OMG” looking.

• 1 year later...

FINALLY got around to watching The Revenant.  I see why people often talk about it as a demo-worthy disc.  While it isn't the very pinnacle of the format, IMO, it certainly does consistently impress.  What I never really hear people talk about with this movie is the excellent immersive soundtrack.  While this is not in Dolby Atmos or DTS-X, the DTS HD Master Audio 7.1 surround track puts a lot of Atmos and DTS-X tracks to shame.  The surround use and and immersion are en pointe here.  All-around great disc.