2019 NBA Summer of Fun

RedSoxFan9

Lakers reportedly had a shot at signing Cousins for about the same as the Warriors got him. They passed on him because they were worried about his injury making him not much use the first half of the season.

I think worries about what Cousins might be long term are valid, but so far it seems pretty far fetched for the Lakers to be worrying about the first half of year one of this rebuild.

44 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

it’s becoming very easy to root against Kawhi

I mean, he doesn't present himself as a big egomaniac and in general I think it's best to give a player the ultimate discretion on an injury. But when you're deal with an organization like the Spurs that has rarely had drama with it's players it's kind of a matter of "If everyone you meet is assholes.....".

Plus, probably the most telling thing to me is that it wasn't just management. Guys like Ginobili and Parker were the ones being the most vocal. These guys are vets who've been in the league a long time. If they felt like Kawhi was quitting on them they probably had a good reason for it.

• Like 1

Apparently OKC is looking to unload Anthony.

His albatross of a max deal is bad enough, but the real problem appears to be how it's pushing OKC over the luxury tax.

They are set to pass the 2013 Nets with a 300+ million bill this year, where Melos contract is responsible for about 100 million of it.

The gang analogy CJ used was so fucking dumb. 

CJ should learn how to play defense instead of commenting about things on Twitter all the time. KD may be the softest but he ain’t the only player that will engage with others on social media. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...