2019 NBA Summer of Fun

RedSoxFan9

That's quite the haul Oklahoma city got in return.

5 first round picks, 4 of them unprotected. 1 unprotected from Miami and 1 protected from Miami

2 pick swaps

Danilo Gallinari

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

Can't say I'd be too upset if I was a Thunder fan.

47 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Just a team of chuckers now.

They trade CP3 for a pointguard that is more ball dominant, plays worse defense, turns the ball over more, and has a worse 3 pt percentage. They are both good players and they’ll still be a good team but this is a downgrade imo 

1 hour ago, johnny said:

Don’t like this deal for the rockets. 

I think Paul and Harden surprised people with their relative effectiveness in sharing the ball, so I am not betting on the team being a total bust. 

But this has to be one of the worst pairings of ball hogs in league history. To make matters worse, Harden has the better claim on being the "alpha", but with Westbrook's personality it is unlikely he will see it that way.

This strikes me like running into an old acquaintance and you're pysched to see them for like five minutes....but that's all it takes to remind you all the reasons you couldn't stand that guy.

You guys are funny. Whether or not Russ/Harden works well, Russ @ 30 is better than CP3 @ 34. The drop off in production just from his first to second year with the Rockets was enough to want to move on, and they replaced him with a significantly better player.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

You guys are funny. Whether or not Russ/Harden works well, Russ @ 30 is better than CP3 @ 34. The drop off in production just from his first to second year with the Rockets was enough to want to move on, and they replaced him with a significantly better player.

Yeah, but Harden /w CP3 >> Harden /w Westbrick

Westbrick is also a horribly inefficient 3 point shooter, which is what analytics ball is all about.

Had CP3 not had to deal with injuries he would in all likelihood still be the second best point guard in the league. I hate CP3 but dude can ball. Harden froze him out a lot this year, especially during and after his run of scoring 50 points a game. His numbers with Harden OFF the court are actually pretty damn good. 

I think this could lead to a few more RS wins by virtue of Westbrook playing more but I’m skeptical of it really helping them much if at all in the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Yeah, but were those missed games due to injury, or Harden hiding his shoes so he could have the ball to himself?

Fair question :p 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...