2019 NBA Summer of Fun

RedSoxFan9

20 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

But again that doesn’t answer my question because the location is not relevant to the severity in this case. 

So i guess your answer assumes that it does, in which case you’re just not correct. I’m not trying to get you with that statement or anything - it’s just a statement of fact. Location without context of severity means nothing (on the same muscular complex). Certainly a pinky is less debilitating than a leg, but that’s irrelevant. 

You’re speaking of severity in a different sense than I am, so I’m going to leave the semantic discussion. I’ll just suggest you look at average time back to play for calf and Achilles injuries in NBA players. I heard an interview with one of the former head physicians for a few NBA teams where he went through a bunch of data on these matters. Sorry, but I’ll go with actual data on recovery times for basketball players over your professional opinion from treating your patients. Thank you though for your perspective as a professional.

10 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

You’re speaking of severity in a different sense than I am, so I’m going to leave the semantic discussion. I’ll just suggest you look at average time back to play for calf and Achilles injuries in NBA players. I heard an interview with one of the former head physicians for a few NBA teams where he went through a bunch of data on these matters. Sorry, but I’ll go with actual data on recovery times for basketball players over your professional opinion from treating your patients. Thank you though for your perspective as a professional.

Again though, it depends on severity. A minor Achilles strain vs a major calf strain matters. Location matters, but not without context. 

I’m not in disagreement with any of that information you may have heard. 

We’re talking about  a very specific thing too with Durant. He was not way past the recovery time of a calf strain. That data again means nothing without context, and since we do not have the context you’re making a huge leap in logic based on where you saw the guy grab his leg. 

6 minutes ago, johnny said:

Oh.... ok? 

<shrugs shoulders> West (and the east as well if healthy KD was going to Brooklyn) will be complete wide open with those two out. Where he goes carries that much more weight. Just a though, plus I'm trying to pass the time. It would be nice to sleep but I'm too long to turn my seat into a bed like the people around me, only four hours left though.

How did the Golden State Warriors become the team no one likes?

Once underdogs, the Warriors are now the team of techbros and douchebags, too slick and too confident for their own good – a metamorphosis capped by the imminent move from Oakland’s cramped and shopworn Oracle Arena to the shimmering disc of Chase Center in downtown San Francisco.

Good to see Lakers get ADwhile  getting rid of their trash. What a waste taking Ball was. And if they can get Kawhi or Kyrie, we got a Lakeshow again.

Meanwhile in local news the Suns were hoping KD and Kyrie would go to the Nets so they could get.... Spencer Dinwiddie. Now I see why small market team fans get so bitter