2019 NBA Summer of Fun

RedSoxFan9

11 hours ago, sblfilms said:

It was...strange. KD was amazing despite losing.

If I were Durant I would be pretty pissed.

He turned in a masterpiece while the rest of the team largely acted like it was a disposable game(which it probably was, but props to KD for doing everything he could to put the boot on the throat).

My first thought was Achilles even before Reggie said it.

Not sure if I am more worried about the Warriors current playoff chances or Durants career. While he's not quite as old as Kobe at the time, a blown Achilles might have just cut his remaining career in half.

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

They're calling it a calf strain which is good news for the long term.

Yeah, definitely better.

But I am kind if skeptical. It sure looked like the Achilles, not like a typical calf strain, and it would have to be a pretty bad strain for them to immediately rule him out for the rest of such a pivotal game.

I’ll be reallly surprised if it wasn’t an Achilles. Devastating if it is.

Rockets really blew their best chance to get a road win, but what a series this has been. Every game by what, 6 or less?

7 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I’ll be reallly surprised if it wasn’t an Achilles. Devastating if it is.

Rockets really blew their best chance to get a road win, but what a series this has been. Every game by what, 6 or less?

It really did look like that. On second viewing, Durant himself seems to reach down well below his calf when it first happened, like that was the place that he was feeling it.

That fact that it was completely non-contact also makes it worrisome.

Bucks look like the favorites, especially with Brogdon back and the ghost of George Hill showing up.

Warriors get two shots at winning a game against the Rockets without Durant, should be interesting.  They generally play better team basketball when he is out, but they're going to need something from their non-existent bench.

I think the Rockets or the Warriors even without Durant beat either the Nuggets or the Blazers.

Also, LOL at "genius" Kyrie.