2019 NBA Summer of Fun

RedSoxFan9

Raptors played great. They had a nice offensive rhythm and you can tell they just came out of a series that pushed them to their limit because they’re still dialed in. With that said, it was fairly close and Curry was the only one who had a good game offensively. If warriors make the right adjustments (DEFENSE) they’ll probably take game 2. 

15 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

People probably overreacted to the first game since, if the Raptors were going to avoid a sweep, game 1 was probably the one to win.

Unless the Warriors are totally decimated by injuries I still think 4-1 is on the table. 

That would be surprising. Unless they come back with a healthy-ish Durant, the Raptors are a better team. 

18 hours ago, johnny said:

Yep, Warriors are the better team. Hope Klay is okay. 

With Durant, yes.

If the Raptors shooting hadn't disappeared for half a quarter (or the refs called a balanced game, primarily in 2nd quarter) -- they would have won Game 2.  Lowry MAY have had 4 legitimate fouls when he fouled out.

23 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

With Durant, yes.

If the Raptors shooting hadn't disappeared for half a quarter (or the refs called a balanced game, primarily in 2nd quarter) -- they would have won Game 2.  Lowry MAY have had 4 legitimate fouls when he fouled out.

Teams could play better every game. It’s all about adjustments and warriors did better and won. I could bring up several reasons why the warriors would have won by more if x did/didn’t happen. Raptors defense is amazing but so are the Warriors when they’re locked in and Raps offense isn’t as potent. 

5 minutes ago, johnny said:

Teams could play better every game. It’s all about adjustments and warriors did better and won. I could bring up several reasons why the warriors would have won by more if x did/didn’t happen. Raptors defense is amazing but so are the Warriors when they’re locked in and Raps offense isn’t as potent. 

Without Durant the Warriors have not proven they are better on offense than the Raptors against quality defense. It’s a small sample size though so you can’t objectively say either way. 

The Warriors were able to squeak by last night, but those massive runs are not typical of them when they’re this depleted. Other than that one stretch, they’ve been outplayed by a fairly significant margin in both games. They are really struggling to create offense in the half court. And Klay is not going to be 100 percent from here on out. 

I’m not counting them out, but I find the idea that someone thinks with confidence that it’ll now be 4-1 Warriors is pretty brash and not representative of what we’re watching.