Should I keep Youtube Red?

Dodger

I should probably start cutting some costs, and I don't really watch a ton of Youtube anymore. There aren't specific channels I regularly follow anymore. But it is nice not dealing with any ads when I do watch stuff. How fucked is basic Youtube these days? I've heard you can get up to 3 ads in 10 minutes now which would be pretty annoying. But unless it's just absolutely terrible I think cheapness should win out. 

I always forget I have Youtube Red until I'm with someone that doesn't and they are like "Hey check out this video! *ad plays for 30 seconds............*.  That's when I'm like, oh yeah I don't mind paying.  Plus lately I've been listening to Youtube playlists while working out and its nice not having ads.  If I went with another music streaming service I'd probably pay almost the same price anyway.  Might as well get the videos ad free as well.

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I have Youtube TV and It's a pretty good deal I think.

I wouldn't pay to use regular youtube though. You'll probably see like 2 or 3 ads in a one hour video.

Yeah and they’re not even long. Ill occasionally get a 30 second ad but the majority of time you can skip after 5 seconds or it’s 15 seconds or less 

On 12/21/2018 at 12:24 PM, Dodger said:

I should probably start cutting some costs, and I don't really watch a ton of Youtube anymore. There aren't specific channels I regularly follow anymore. But it is nice not dealing with any ads when I do watch stuff. How fucked is basic Youtube these days? I've heard you can get up to 3 ads in 10 minutes now which would be pretty annoying. But unless it's just absolutely terrible I think cheapness should win out. 

Ads? Do you not use adblocker? I would only get it to watch Cobra Kai and then cancel right after.