Trump ‘at this moment’ opposes deal to avert shutdown, wants more border funding

Jason

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

No one will remember this shutdown in 2020... Unless it lasts until then

The only shutdown I REAAALLLYY remember is the one that came shortly after Cruz's Green Eggs and Ham speech, and only because of that speech. Basically, I remember a shutdown happened some time after that but forget most of the details.

Just now, SaysWho? said:

The only shutdown I REAAALLLYY remember is the one that came shortly after Cruz's Green Eggs and Ham speech, and only because of that speech.

I remember the 2013 one partially because it's the first one I was actively conscious of, and partially because I was living in DC and so the practical effects of a shutdown were extremely relevant to people I knew and not just a nebulous "man that sucks" situation. 

IIRC there was also a 2014 one. Which I remember because a coworker who changed companies promptly got fucked by the fact that contractors don't get backpay for shutdowns. 

So are we really going to keep pretending that Trump isn’t progressive (he’s highly successful in new york) and that his being in office isn't actually to fuck shit up for the purpose of allowing the collective schadenfreude response to his actions spark a shift of most younger and uninformed people towards a far more left-wing ideology?  

Why would a tv show show star, corporate mogul with no political experience, etc who truly believed bigoted things even be allowed in the white house?  If he really was that person, Obama would have signed on for a third term and nipped that shit before it ever got to that point. 

The GOP is bad, but are we really going to pretend that Trump isn't a trojan horse move from the Clintons and Obama, who have privately been coaching and informing him of everything they know about american and global politics in order to secretly enact their hidden extreme progressive agendas?  It's pretty clear by now that his mission is essentially to perform as the id of the GOP and implode them via constant scandalous behavior and words to force everyone watching have difficult conversations that the progressives think will make things better long term (a future without not only the right, but without moderates). 

He will behave like a far right bigot, threaten to build a wall, and threaten to enact many of the other things he campaigned on, but it is in fact all just to take attention off the cleaning of house and social division that he's doing as he lowkey governs as a radical progressive.  

Why are we allowing ourselves to give into the radical left or the radical right's manipulation?  Why not join each other in the center my brothers and sisters, and together we can rebel against them and rebuild a better nation?

But you're thinking, "sound's crazy" eh?  "Where's the proof?"

GTY_trump_wedding_clintons_jef_150806_16

Quite an interesting coincidence isn't it?  The evidence has been provided. Accepting it or choosing to remain willfully ignorant it is now on you.

• Guillotine 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

On 12/23/2018 at 10:24 PM, Jason said:

"border is tight"

Those are definitely some tweets.  Thing is, he's not going to build the wall and never was.  How many of the extreme policies he talks about all the time that were promised in his campaign have actually been enacted?  He knows they wont be.  Meanwhile he's joined forces with Dennis Rodman, operating undercover in North Korea and Russia gathering intel about actual dictators to topple on behalf of the radical progressives who have their hearts in the right place to some extent but are still going to make free speech illegal at any cost.  Not just on the right, but anyone who isn't as far left as them. If you're genuinely having strong emotions about Trump right now you're being played long-term by having your ignorance permanently displayed on the web once the radical left's schadenfreude internet act goes into effect.  Yes, the far right is being dogwhistled into outing themselves, but also many ignorant folks on the left and even near center are being fooled into taking positions against their own interests of being considered critical thinkers. That and the result is also provoking anger that recruits greater far left numbers.  He's not only trolling specific political alignments, but anyone who isn't in the know.  When his term is over and he reveals himself as the mole for the far left and admits that all of his tweets and public tantrums were specifically engineered to take attention away from their/his agenda, many citizens will end up feeling quite silly at best.

• Guillotine 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mozart_beercan69 said:

When his term is over and he reveals himself as the mole for the far left and admits that all of his tweets and public tantrums were specifically engineered to take attention away from their/his agenda, many citizens will end up feeling quite silly at best. 

Joe, is that you?

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Joe, is that you?

The funny thing is: I was thinking of doing something similar a few weeks back, but then realized it would take too much work to continue trying to think that way, so I just decided to watch a bunch of ASMR videos instead.

I'm not surprised people actually think that way. That's why the retard got elected in the first place. Conspiracy theories are running rampant right now, and they're only getting worse. I just heard someone SERIOUSLY trying to convince this girl that 911 was an inside job, orchestrated by the hidden Jewish controllers. The guy was freaking serious, and I was half tempted to step in before I realized how arguing with stupid is one of the more worthless things you can do in any moment of your life.

15 hours ago, Jwheel86 said:

New Constitutional Amendment idea: 

If the US Government is not fully funded and therefore must shutdown, all government agencies must shutdown immediately, including military, security services, law enforcement, social security, and Medicare. 

How about just an automatic CR, and it only has to be statutory. 

4 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Merry Christmas to all of us! A nutty joe post. I kinda missed them.

I don’t, it’s been nice being able to read a thread and not have to walk through bullshit from the likes of joe and David and the 50 million post reacting to their crap.

So we're just gonna act like Shawn Michaels didn't screw over Bret Hart in the Montreal Screwjob? During survivor series 1997 Bret hart was leaving for wcw potentially taking the wwf championship with him. Vince McMahon saw this as a liability and opted to underhand Hart by having Michaels apply Hart's signature move to him. Hart never tapped out to the submission hold but ultimately lost the match in his home country.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

So we're just gonna act like Shawn Michaels didn't screw over Bret Hart in the Montreal Screwjob? During survivor series 1997 Bret hart was leaving for wcw potentially taking the wwf championship with him. Vince McMahon saw this as a liability and opted to underhand Hart by having Michaels apply Hart's signature move to him. Hart never tapped out to the submission hold but ultimately lost the match in his home country.

wut

• Guillotine 3

10 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

wut

Don't bother listening to him @Jason

He probably also thinks Lex body slammed Yokozuna. IT WAS A HIP TOSS!!!