Jump to content
Jason

Trump ‘at this moment’ opposes deal to avert shutdown, wants more border funding

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

 

 

4 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

National Emergency? If so is it to change the subject off Cohen and Buzzfeed or are Republican Senators privately starting to buckle?

 

 

Sounds like it. 

 

The way the Tweet focuses on "Humanitarian crisis" suggests that he is giving SCOTUS the pretense for upholding it because Trump is stating a plausibly justifiable motivation even if it is a laughably thin pretense as all his prior statements have proven.

 

Just like the Muslim ban(great precedent there, Kennedy:thumbup:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Apparently Pence, McConnell, and Kushner have made some deal. Notably absent are the Democrats who are needed to actually pass it.

 

Throw Donny Boy under the bus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Apparently Pence, McConnell, and Kushner have made some deal. Notably absent are the Democrats who are needed to actually pass it.

 

 

It is fucking uncanny how similar this is to the exact thing that is going on in the UK right now.

 

After her historical defeat this past week over her Brexit deal, supposedly May's plan B is to have them vote on the same plan again. As one pundit put it, her plan B is to scribble over the A on her deal and write a B :p

 

I am wondering if this will basically be an attempt at a reboot of the discussion with Trump trying to recapture the initiative by saying the Senate has reached a deal to reopen the government....with the same deal as before with 5 billion for the wall.

 

This may sound fucking stupid and pointless, but it's typical GOP rebranding without changing. It gives them a counter narrative to House Dems going out there and saying how many times they've voted to reopen the government.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

Wall in exchange for DACA.

 

That would totally throw a wrench at the Democrats.

Hes offering a DACA and TPS extensions apparently, which is worthless with the courts having thrown out his ending it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Hes offering a DACA and TPS extensions apparently, which is worthless with the courts having thrown out his ending it.

 

He dun goofed last year by not taking the DACA for $25 bilion deal.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

 

He dun goofed last year by not taking the DACA for $25 bilion deal.

 

 

The best deals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't worry the Nazi conservatives are already balking at letting brown people stay. 

 

Let's remember why the DACA deal really didn't happen last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The offer is a nice way to put the "No" at the feet of the Democrats... not as if folks havent already made up their minds... but the unpaid voters might be influenced

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

The offer is a nice way to put the "No" at the feet of the Democrats... not as if folks havent already made up their minds... but the unpaid voters might be influenced

This is why the Democrats should've been first out of the gamt with something DACA-related, even if had zero chance of getting through the Senate.  That's how you seize the initiative and go on the offensive against the GOP.

 

They've really kinda blown that opportunity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

This is why the Democrats should've been first out of the gamt with something DACA-related, even if had zero chance of getting through the Senate.  That's how you seize the initiative and go on the offensive against the GOP.

 

They've really kinda blown that opportunity.

Democrats are really bad at offense. 

 

That's why even some congressional dems do not know what to make of AOC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that with the Senate GOP.

Give it a couple days of "Amnesty for illegals," or "amnesty Don" from the right, this deal would have been done last year otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Wait so what was the big announcement that Trump made?

Got pushed back till 4pm, but whats been reported is a extension for DACA, TPS, for wall.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PaladinSolo said:

Got pushed back till 4pm, but whats been reported is a extension for DACA, TPS, for wall.  

 

So temporary protection in exchange for a permanent wall? lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

 

So temporary protection in exchange for a permanent wall? lol. 

 

And right after SCOTUS effectively gave DACA a temporary extension. 

 

:duckhuntdog:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

 

So temporary protection in exchange for a permanent wall? lol.

Yup, this is a "Compromise" that the GOP came up with itself, but didn't include any from the far right, and they even aren't sure what he will say, so the planned call between GOP senators also got pushed to after he speaks, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Give it a couple days of "Amnesty for illegals," or "amnesty Don" from the right, this deal would have been done last year otherwise.

T

hat Steve KingTweet is already indicative of what The Right thinks... They kept Trump from making the DACA deal when 25 Billion was on the table. Why would they for it now at one fifth of the budget? Makes no sense for them. As long as Trump is influenced by the Far Right and Senate Republicans refuse to call out the Steve Kings and Louie Gomerts of their party, nothing will ever get done no matter how much they try to blame Dems. Trump couldn't get the wall done with both houses of the Senate for this very reason because The Tea Party refuses to budge on anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

T

hat Steve KingTweet is already indicative of what The Right thinks... They kept Trump from making the DACA deal when 25 Billion was on the table. Why would they for it now at one fifth of the budget? Makes no sense for them. As long as Trump is influenced by the Far Right and Senate Republicans refuse to call out the Steve Kings and Louie Gomerts of their party, nothing will ever get done no matter how much they try to blame Dems. Trump couldn't get the wall done with both houses of the Senate for this very reason because The Tea Party refuses to budge on anything.

One of the founders of the shut down.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

One of the founders of the shut down.

 

 

 

They are sending him signals that they won't go for it... and to be honest for him to do it now? it WOULD be stupid of him. She's kinda right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$25 billion for wall in exchange for DACA citizenship, if crime doesn't drop by 50%, Trump must reimburse the US Government in full personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...