Trump ‘at this moment’ opposes deal to avert shutdown, wants more border funding

Jason

2 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

12 house Republicans have now broken off and voted with dems to fund the government, including the last 2 chairmen of the nrcc. 

This is why McConnel won't allow a vote in the Senate. It will show that there is no "unified" Republican front. There may not be enough for a veto proof majority, but I think there are more Republicans willing to vote on a clean bill than McConnell and Trump want to admit.

6 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This is why McConnel won't allow a vote in the Senate. It will show that there is no "unified" Republican front. There may not be enough for a veto proof majority, but I think there are more Republicans willing to vote on a clean bill than McConnell and Trump want to admit.

Collins, Murkowski, and Gardner are all ready to vote with dems, and Capito has signaled a willingness to open parts of the government.

18 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

Trump, will "cheat" his way to the funding.. then he will end the shutdown and take the mantle for heroism for not only securing us with his wall but also for reopening the gov't despite the Democrats... ..

Hes threatening to keep it shutdown during the court battle, hes going down with the ship folks.

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

lol. Border patrol literally showed Trump tunnels that go under part of the current border wall...

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/01/11/border-official-trump-tunnels-under-wall-acosta-pkg-vpx.cnn

Soooo... 50' wall with 20' underground..

Someone should show him Fast & Furious, seeing people driving cars across the border under tunnels will really piss him off..

4 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

Collins, Murkowski, and Gardner are all ready to vote with dems, and Capito has signaled a willingness to open parts of the government.

:rolleyes:

Senate Republicans, not the White House, set the scope of the FBI probe into sexual assault allegations against Brett Kavanaugh, including the decision not to interview the Supreme Court nominee or accuser Christine Blasey Ford, said Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

In an interview shortly before the Senate is set to vote on confirming Kavanaugh, McConnell said GOP members of the Judiciary Committee made the decision in a meeting with two other Republicans who were at the time withholding their support, Senator Susan Collins of Maine and Senator Lisa Murkowski of Alaska.

http://time.com/5417830/mcconnell-senate-republicans-fbi-probe/

As always, these spineless dipshits are just hiding behind Bitch McTurtle, who's making sure they don't have to put their vote where their mouth is.

I have no idea how credible the author is, but I think this is another often overlooked part of why the wall will never be built: the fifth amendment.

I know eminent domain would be an incredible hurdle, but I hadn't considered this about the supreme court:

I do not happen to think that Kelo v. New London is the worst Supreme Court decision in the history of mankind, as some conservatives do. … But it isn’t great! And there are conservative justices sitting on the Supreme Court who have figuratively been bred to oppose that decision. Add them to the progressives who will view Trump’s Wall as the bigoted monstrosity that it is, and I think you’re looking at 8-1 decisions against the government in eminent domain cases to build the wall. Only Justice Brett, he of the monarchical theory of executive power, can be reasonably be expected to side with the government on this issue. And even then, we know Kavanaugh seems to like to follow along with whatever the “cool” kids are doing.

I know I keep harping on about the same thing in different ways, but I do it to keep myself sane. We can't let the president's insistence on insanity let us forget that this wall will never be built. Even if Trump got the money tomorrow and got a second term, the physical, political, and legal practicalities would be that such it's almost impossible to imagine the barrier being completed, and even if it did, it wouldn't do much if anything.

15 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I have no idea how credible the author is, but I think this is another often overlooked part of why the wall will never be built: the fifth amendment.

I know eminent domain would be an incredible hurdle, but I hadn't considered this about the supreme court:

I know I keep harping on about the same thing in different ways, but I do it to keep myself sane. We can't let the president's insistence on insanity let us forget that this wall will never be built. Even if Trump got the money tomorrow and got a second term, the physical, political, and legal practicalities would be that such it's almost impossible to imagine the barrier being completed, and even if it did, it wouldn't do much if anything.

The Wall is our universe's literal Schrodinger's Cat, get with it man! And no one will just say IT'S FUCKING DEAD TRUMP. 

The END TIMES are near, so of course. 

With Ocasio-Cortez now tweeting out Rorschach quotes, I'm just waiting for Adrian Veidt to show up. Unless Trump is our darkest timeline's version of Adrian Veidt. 

OH GOD

:megaton:

1 hour ago, Jason said:

:rolleyes:

http://time.com/5417830/mcconnell-senate-republicans-fbi-probe/

As always, these spineless dipshits are just hiding behind Bitch McTurtle, who's making sure they don't have to put their vote where their mouth is.

Political realities are shifting for them, Collins and Gardner is obvious they're up for re-election is basically blue states, Murkowski though, Alaska has a lot of federal employees, and the office that handles commercial fishing licenses is currently shut down.  Kavanaugh and the tax bill were seen as possible saviors for the GOP in the midterms, instead tanked them badly in the midwest and west coast, while nearly wiping them off the map in the NE.