Trump ‘at this moment’ opposes deal to avert shutdown, wants more border funding

Jason

1 hour ago, Jason said:

@skillzdadirecta

The I posted earlier was updated to say that an extension until April 2019 came through. 

Phew... I don't want to be stuck in this artic wasteland one second longer than I have to be (meanwhile the dude sitting next to me on the subway is literally in a tee shirt and shorts) LA has made me soft:p

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Phew... I don't want to be stuck in this artic wasteland one second longer than I have to be (meanwhile the dude sitting next to me on the subway is literally in a tee shirt and shorts) LA has made me soft:p

Good time to get your passport replaced. :p Might make sense for you to opt for a passport card in addition to the paper one.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think we should be asking who is Trump building this wall for? Every policy he has passed seems to benefit people he's owed money to. He's pushing an exact amount he has no specifics about, probably 5 billion going to Russia or something.

Russia owns American steel companies so, yes. 

Customs and Border Patrol agents sue Trump administration over missed pay, but i thought they all agreed its cool to work for no pay as long as they get a wall?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/01/09/border-protection-officers-union-sues-trump-administration-over-shutdown-after-missed-paycheck/?utm_term=.6ee7485de174

The complaint asked that the named plaintiffs, Customs and Border Protection officers Eleazar Avalos and James Davis, and other similarly classified individuals be paid owed wages.

The government stalemate began Dec. 22. Since then, many federal agencies have temporarily closed, and workers' compensation has been indefinitely delayed because of a lapse in appropriated funds.

Even so, employees deemed “essential” or “excepted” have been expected to come to work. “Essential” government employees are those — like Avalos and Davis — who are “performing emergency work involving the safety of human life or the protection of property.”

Days after the shutdown began, the largest federal employee union, the American Federation of Government Employees, filed a lawsuit against the Trump administration, alleging that hundreds of thousands of federal employees are illegally being forced to work without pay.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Wherein the big fat angry orange baby confirms he slammed the table. :lol:

Five in 20 minutes. Stable genius, no tantrum, yada yada. 

I expected him to declare a National Emergency and order the Military to start building the wall the other night, looks like there's a possibility he may do it today when he visits the border or shortly thereafter... he's backed himself into a corner and is getting desperate.

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I expected him to declare a National Emergency and order the Military to start building the wall the other night, looks like there's a possibility he may do it today when he visits the border or shortly thereafter... he's backed himself into a corner and is getting desperate.

Backed into a corner in the Oval Office. *taps temple*

• Haha 1