Trump ‘at this moment’ opposes deal to avert shutdown, wants more border funding

Jason

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Rich people really do live in a different reality,  huh?

The worst part might be how most seem to think reopening, whenever it happens, will magically fix everything.

Payday lenders must be like vultures on a battlefield right now.

I had a cousin that got himself trapped in a cycle of borrowing from one place just to pay another place. Hundreds of thousands of people will probably be digging themselves out of this mess months, if not years, after someone finally caves.

4 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Someone's scared of his reelection chances.

The tweet says "wall money", but at the link it seems like the actual quote is "border security money". So on top of the other reasons I'd be suspicious, add conflating the wall and border security.

17 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

She calls gov't employees "hostages to the president's applause line in a campaign speech."

And that applause line was just a mnemonic device to help Trump not forget.

The government is shutdown because one day his campaign advisers came up with na na na na na na na na WAAA-ALLLLL

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

And that applause line was just a mnemonic device to help Trump not forget.

The government is shutdown because one day his campaign advisers came up with na na na na na na na na WAAA-ALLLLL

Reveal hidden contents

The rhetorical equivalent of jangling keys in front of his face.

How will Dems screw up 2020?

9 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Pelosi 2020, boys, prepare your anuses. 

There it is!

Spoiler

I’m liking Pelosi, but, JFC, if you wanna rally the right and any right leaning centrists for Trump in 2020, Pelosi is probably the GOP’s dream candidate outside of Clinton re-running.

Change my mind! :p 

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

How will Dems screw up 2020?

There it is!

Hide contents

I’m liking Pelosi, but, JFC, if you wanna rally the right and any right leaning centrists for Trump in 2020, Pelosi is probably the GOP’s dream candidate outside of Clinton re-running.

Change my mind! :p 

Nancy "Big Dick Energy" Pelosi could drive bigly Democratic enthusiasm doe.

Just now, Jason said:

Nancy "Big Dick Energy" Pelosi could drive bigly Democratic enthusiasm doe.

I dunno, dems/leftists who definitely were against her the past 4+ years are certainly liking the Pelosi of the past... uhh... 6-weeks(?), but to make a serious claim that this will last until the general is a hard pill to swallow for me.

There's an irony to lazy politicians who almost never work not working on re-opening the 25% of the government that is shutdown which is mostly employees who aren't lazy and work very hard, but first the lazy politicians made sure they would get paid either way. Yet the lazy politicians don't understand that the more the government stays shut down, the more they'll have to work. :p 

I mean, that's the situation, among other ironies. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

"We only voted for it because we knew Ron Ryan wouldn't bring it up for a vote!"

The irony that that passed a Republican-controlled government but now it can't because Trump hates when Ann Coulter, Laura Ingraham, Glenn Beck, and Rush Limbaugh criticize his decisions.

That's the only reason it worked last time and it won't this time. That's why people in this country are suffering right now - literally because of just that.