Steam Winter Sale 2018

crispy4000

Picked up Donut Country, Red Strings Club, and STORIES UNTOLD.

I'm enjoying Donut Country and would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice, funny, easy-playing game.

Also for the three people on the internet who haven't played Life is Strange, it's $4 and you should play it.

On 12/28/2018 at 7:27 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

So I decided to dive in.

I kinda copied @crispy4000 and got Mankind Divided at GMG

Then I got

The Witcher 3 GOTY

All the Castlevania Lords of Shadows games

Furi

That Onechanbara / SG/ZH combo

White Day

2064: Read Only Memories

Momodora

and The Novelist

I also had some Microsoft money so I got 12 bucks off of BLOPS 4.

Momodora is great. Furi is something that I really wanted to be into, but got stuck on a boss early on and never played it again.

19 hours ago, Raggit said:

Not on Steam, but Origin has Mass Effect Andromeda Deluxe for $7.19. Worth it?

I tried so hard to like this game, but never could make it more than a couple hours. Visually stunning, planets, backgrounds, character models (outside of their faces) look amazing. Gameplay is pretty good too. It just felt like a hollow game, I didn't care about the story, the characters, or really anything that was going on. I was just mindlessly running from planet to planet killing things. I'll agree with reddit that the game isn't as bad as gamers made it out to be, but I don't find it a particularly great game either.

EDIT: Guess that doesn't really answer the question of is it worth it $8. Yes its worth $8, it just depends on if you'll actually play it or not.

Total haul, assuming nothing else goes on sale (or I pull the trigger on something late):

Inside $7.19

Talos Principle complete $8.24

Sleeping Dogs complete $4.49 (Amazon)

LiS Before the Storm complete $5.75 (GMG)

Rise of the Tomb Raider complete $9.50 (GMG)

Deus Ex Mankind Divided complete $5.16 (GMG)

Overcooked $10 (Switch)

Splasher - Free (chrono.gg)
Sonic Mania

Sonic Lost World

Sonic Forces

Sonic CD

Sonic Ep 1 & 2 -  $15 Sonic total from Humble Bundle

Total = $65.33 - giftcard/credit offset ($55.86) 

$9.47 spent total

I was considering some cheap indies (ittle Dew 2, Valley, World to the West, Tooth and Tail, The Way, Tacoma), but they'll be in good bundles next year.

Steam needs to compete with GMG if they want my business.  I bought Talos Principle and Inside entirely with marketplace credit.

On 12/29/2018 at 1:39 PM, Raggit said:

Not on Steam, but Origin has Mass Effect Andromeda Deluxe for $7.19. Worth it?

While i liked it, but didn't love it, i'd say just get all access, cancel and play all their games for a year for like 30 bucks, the premiere also doesn't seem worth it as at some point the like 7 premiere level games end up on basic.

From what i remember Andromeda was basically the Halo story line but in Mass Effect, at least it felt really similar, lol.  It plays nice, looks nice, and has some really awesome environments, but the dialog was just downright bad, and while the Ket are basically the Covenant they're far less developed and are basically just bad guys you shoot at.