Sign in to follow this  
SFLUFAN

General Gaming Control | Official Thread of Oldest House of Pain, update: Post-Launch Content Roadmap

As I'm playing through this unspoiled and reading files about...

Spoiler

the possible disturbances in space and time?

now I'm wondering if the story might be revealed to be a Quantum Break sequel or prequel (like Split turned out to be an Unbreakable sequel).

https://controlgame.com/control-community-blog-whats-new/

Control – What’s Next?

Now that Control has launched and we’ve been able to get a few updates out of the way, it’s time to take a look at what’s coming next. We will continue to build on the world of Control, creating additional game content all the way through 2020. We already have a small team in place at Remedy that’s busy working on post-launch content.

Here’s a brief overview of what’s coming to Control…

First up, while some crafty PC players “unlocked” their own versions of this already, we are working on a much-desired Photo Mode, which will enable you to take some awesome snapshots of Jesse in the Oldest House. Make sure you unlock all of her costumes to flex by the time the Photo Mode arrives this fall. We’ll have more information on this soon.

New Game Mode
In December, we will release a new game mode for Control that we are currently calling Expeditions. This will be a challenging new end-game mode in which Jesse must help Security Chief Arish explore the mysterious Formation and its strange surroundings. Here you will face the some the greatest challenges that the Oldest House can throw at you. You will need the best gear and abilities to survive. Expeditions is free for all players.

Expansions
Moving ahead to 2020, there will be two full, paid expansions that our team is hard at work creating: The Foundation and AWE. Both of these will offer new story missions, enemies, and game mechanics, and take place in new locations within the Oldest House.

The Foundation will delve into the history of the Oldest House. At the request of the ever-mysterious Board, Jesse must explore what lies beneath the Bureau as she returns order to the Foundation and the Oldest House itself. Expect things to get weird.

The second expansion, AWE, will take Jesse into a new part of the Oldest House, the Investigations Sector, where the Bureau closely examines Altered World Events.

Finally, we would like to thank everyone from press to fans and the entire community for your support and feedback. The amazing response to Control means the world for us. Keep it coming!

CONTROL_post_launch_roadmap_FINAL.jpg

I look forward to the two DLC expansions - Alan Wake had two DLC story expansions that were direct sequels to the main game. Hope the same is the case here. I wonder if they'll make Control 2 and if that'd now be a Sony exclusive.

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

I look forward to the two DLC expansions - Alan Wake had two DLC story expansions that were direct sequels to the main game.

No they were actually the endings to the main game. :p

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I look forward to the two DLC expansions - Alan Wake had two DLC story expansions that were direct sequels to the main game. Hope the same is the case here. I wonder if they'll make Control 2 and if that'd now be a Sony exclusive.

Why would it be a Sony exclusive, did I miss something?

12 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Oh look... another roadmap.

:facepalm:

Uhh... it's just telling you when to expect new content. The problem with "roadmaps" isn't the idea of getting new content on a set schedule, it's when a broken, busted, buggy-ass game launches with no content and they release a roadmap to let you know when the piece of shit will be finished. This is just a release schedule for additional content. Control is a very complete game and, outside of shitty console performance, is very polished, this is not a "sorry we release trash" roadmap.

11 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

No they were actually the endings to the main game. :p

They helped but the game still wasn't finished after the DLC! Control of all things may help with that.

11 hours ago, stepee said:

Why would it be a Sony exclusive, did I miss something?

I was mostly kidding but some people think Sony will buy Remedy (totally baseless but possible). I think Sony should though. :p 

I just finished this a few nights ago, and I loved every minute of it.  For those who've finished the game:

Spoiler

There are tons of references to movies and games strewn throughout Control's world, but structurally and narratively, I was reminded most of INSIDE.  Both games involve somebody infiltrating a bizarre facility for an unknown purpose, until it's revealed that they were brought there to free an entity in captivity who may have been controlling them all along. 

I can't quite tell if Remedy is intentionally or unintentionally exploring themes of bureaucracy and organizational dynamics, but I think the game can be read as a paranormal analogy of disruptive organization change - an external event (the Hiss) disrupts business, forcing a leadership change (the Director) in order to remedy the situation and turn the organization around.  Again, I'm not sure if Remedy's actually trying to say something about the dehumanizing rhythms of bureaucracy and organizational lifecycles or if they just thought it would be cool to set their game inside of a shifting building and then tried to tie in these themes as an afterthought.  Regardless, the game certainly makes an impact, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since I finished.