Sultan Erdogan publicly scolds/snubs Rage Walrus over inexplicable request that Turkey "protect" YPG Kurds in Syria

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

But... how can he do more damage than "all recent presidents" if ISIS is an even newer problem for us? I didn't think anybody was even fighting ISIS until this decade and that Al-Qaeda and the Taliban were our main adversaries in the 2000s when Bush was in office.

Like, Trump says Obama created ISIS. So he's done more damage than all recent presidents... even though he's claiming his predecessor created the group. So he's done more damage than one according to him... right?

Bush and the GOP warmongering including Hillary Clinton are responsible for ISIS.

A Trump Call That Went Rogue Hands Erdogan a Surprise Win on Syria (Bloomberg)

Donald Trump was supposed to tell his Turkish counterpart to stop testing his patience with military threats in Syria. That is, if the American president stuck to the script.  Instead, during a lengthy phone call earlier this month, Trump shocked even those in his inner circle by yielding to a suggestion from Recep Tayyip Erdogan to reverse the Pentagon’s Syrian strategy, handing the Turkish president his biggest diplomatic victory ever.

9 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

A Trump Call That Went Rogue Hands Erdogan a Surprise Win on Syria (Bloomberg)

Donald Trump was supposed to tell his Turkish counterpart to stop testing his patience with military threats in Syria. That is, if the American president stuck to the script.  Instead, during a lengthy phone call earlier this month, Trump shocked even those in his inner circle by yielding to a suggestion from Recep Tayyip Erdogan to reverse the Pentagon’s Syrian strategy, handing the Turkish president his biggest diplomatic victory ever.

NO PUPPET

52 minutes ago, Reputator said:

What if this were the reason Republicans are convinced to impeach Trump? I mean really, I'll take any reason.

Starting January 3, impeachment theoretically becomes "easier" with the Democratic-controlled House.  It's the trial and conviction (which requires a 2/3 majority) in the Republican Senate that will be impossible.

1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

Starting January 3, impeachment theoretically becomes "easier" with the Democratic-controlled House.  It's the trial and conviction (which requires a 2/3 majority) in the Republican Senate that will be impossible.

I'm not seriously holding my breath or anything, but you do kind of have to wonder what the possibility space becomes once Speaker Nancy cuts the Kooky Kaukus out of the decision-making process. Trump going full ouroboros on the wall, running attack ads against fellow Republicans, is kind of teeing up an easy exit strategy for Yertle McTurtle.

35 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm not seriously holding my breath or anything, but you do kind of have to wonder what the possibility space becomes once Speaker Nancy cuts the Kooky Kaukus out of the decision-making process. Trump going full ouroboros on the wall, running attack ads against fellow Republicans, is kind of teeing up an easy exit strategy for Yertle McTurtle.

Nah.

Bolton’s Hawkish Syria Plan Backfired, Pushing Trump to Get Out

A fateful decision by National Security Adviser John Bolton to expand the United States’ goals in Syria backfired, and is a key reason why President Donald Trump ordered a total withdrawal of U.S. troops, two senior administration officials told The Daily Beast.

Bolololololololololololololololton

1 hour ago, Jason said:

A lot of what Trump does pisses me off, but the way he uses "I didn't know him" as an insult just confuses me.

I understand when he is trying to distance himself from the covfefe boys by saying it, but here(and in other cases) he seems to use it as if to say the very act of not knowing Donald Trump personally is the equivilent ot being an asshole.

26 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

A lot of what Trump does pisses me off, but the way he uses "I didn't know him" as an insult just confuses me.

I understand when he is trying to distance himself from the covfefe boys by saying it, but here(and in other cases) he seems to use it as if to say the very act of not knowing Donald Trump personally is the equivilent ot being an asshole.

Maybe McGurk is a sleepy eyed son of a bitch. Because who the fuck knows what "sleepy eyed" is actually supposed to mean, but anything becomes an insult with "son of a bitch" tacked on.

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Thread:

Yeah, an important point to remember is that we talk a lot about the guys like Sessions, Comey, and Mattis leaving.....but all over the government the 2nd and 3rd people down the line are jumping ship as well.

And the diplomats quitting now are the ones who stayed when a ton of them quit right at the beginning of Trump's term. So imagine the shit they've seen to make them leave now....