Popular atheist who is totally not racist quits Patreon in solidarity with Milo and Sargon of Akkad

RedSoxFan9

9 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

why is it "weirdly"

Because it's weird to say, "I believe in 'free speech' (and in many cases, speech people pretend not to agree with) so much that a boss shouldn't be able to fire someone for being anti-Semetic and a private company that starts a business must not exercise their rights in banning neo-Nazi, provocateur or white supremacist speech." Like you supposedly believe in the Constitution, but you want people to also have 'freedom' from consequence when they hold abhorrent views.

It's the same way some idiots try to sanitize slave-holding as "untenable political beliefs." They know they can't make a compelling case to allow white supremacist speech to go unfettered, so they instead go for misunderstanding the Bill of Rights.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Biggie said:

First. Confederate and Nazi symbols are two different things entirely. But that’s a another argument for another day. 

I never said they were the same. I merely listed two different, but equally offensive symbols. Weird that you thought that...

17 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Also, just anorher friendly reminder that dodger has gone off the deep end and turned into a horrible, dishonest twat. 

I think he holds some horrible, dishonest views, but I don't think he is a horrible person.  I think he is just misguided and a product of his personal and social environment

Just now, Boyle5150 said:

I think he holds some horrible, dishonest views, but I don't think he is a horrible person.  I think he is just misguided and a product of his personal and social environment

You're more generous than I am. 

He's still a dishonest twat with some terrible views. It's like he's unhappy with his own life and wants to blame the world around him for it. Especially progressives and immigrants. 

19 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Biggie really doesn't hold many coherent political thoughts.

Thinking things through is too hard.

Also, just anorher friendly reminder that dodger has gone off the deep end and turned into a horrible, dishonest twat. 

Deep end? Horrible dishonest twat? Why cause he disagrees with your political views?

Just now, Biggie said:

Deep end? Horrible dishonest twat? Why cause he disagrees with your political views?

No, because he's disconnected with fucking reality. 

You are, too. You refuse to answer questions and sidestep the issue. No one said the Confederate and Nazi flags are the same thing, but I don't think you wanna be holding the traitorous, failed nation who wanted to keep what they deemed as subhumans blacks enslaved some honorable high ground over the failed state that just murdered their subhumans outright. 

With that settled, answer the question. You want employers to be forced to hire outspoken Nazis and white supremacists and allow them to use company time to disseminate their abhorrent views? Because that's what your version of "free speech" would allow. Now who's the authoritarian asshole?

9 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

He's still a dishonest twat with some terrible views. It's like he's unhappy with his own life and wants to blame the world around him for it. Especially progressives and immigrants. 

If you grew up in his family and had all the same life experiences and same general IQ, then you too would hold the same views as he does.  Doesn't mean his views shouldn't be criticized, quite the contrary, they should be, but he is still human with the same problem most of us have, a lack of education and understanding on many topics.  You don't get to choose your beliefs.

9 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Now that I've gotten the hell out of California, I'm actually pretty damn happy.

When I think of disagreeing with a person's political views, I think we disagree on what role government should play in health care or who to give tax cuts to. 

Denying facts and acting like brown people don't deserve to be treated with basic human decency aren't political views. That just makes you a shitty human being. 

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

No, because he's disconnected with fucking reality. 

You are, too. You refuse to answer questions and sidestep the issue. No one said the Confederate and Nazi flags are the same thing, but I don't think you wanna be holding the traitorous, failed nation who wanted to keep what they deemed as subhumans blacks enslaved some honorable high ground over the failed state that just murdered their subhumans outright. 

With that settled, answer the question. You want employers to be forced to hire outspoken Nazis and white supremacists and allow them to use company time to disseminate their abhorrent views? Because that's what your version of "free speech" would allow. Now who's the authoritarian asshole?

Yes. If I see a co-worker have a nazi symbol on their desk I would tell them to fuck off and not interact with he/she. 

2 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

If you grew up in his family and had all the same life experiences and same general IQ, then you too would hold the same views as he does.  Doesn't mean his views shouldn't be criticized, quite the contrary, they should be, but he is still human with the same problem most of us have, a lack of education and understanding on many topics.  You don't get to choose your beliefs.

I grew up in fucking rural Arkansas with racist parents who routinely used the terms "nigger" and "jigaboo" and "jungle monkey" to describe black people. 

I've had plenty of life experiences that could make me be bitter against certain groups, but I have this fucking emotion called empathy. I most certainly chose to be a decent human being with empathy for my fellow human instead of giving into more primitive instincts. I chose to educate myself and live in reality, not the world Trump wants us to believe exists. 

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I grew up in fucking rural Arkansas with racist parents who routinely used the terms "nigger" and "jigaboo" and "jungle monkey" to describe black people. 

I've had plenty of life experiences that could make me be bitter against certain groups, but I have this fucking emotion called empathy. I most certainly chose to be a decent human being with empathy for my fellow human instead of giving into more primitive instincts. I chose to educate myself and live in reality, not the world Trump wants us to believe exists. 

read all of what I said...

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Thays quite the un-American and authoritarian viewpoint you have. 

3 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Based on historical and current precedent, I'd say that's absolutely nothing "un-American" about it.  If anything, it's all too very much "American".

5 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

and his* family upbringing, and his* friends, and his* education... his genes and his IQ are all factors.  He didn't chose* any of that.  

I didn't choose any of that, either. I still choose to be a better person.

7 minutes ago, Dodger said:

You've literally said that when you check on a patient that has Fox News on you do the bare minimum you have to do and then dip the fuck out of there. 

I don't linger around for a friendly chat. How dare you fucking slander my integrity at my fucking career I work my ass off at. My patients all receive the same quality of care, regardless of who they are. I've taken care of racists, bigots, even murders, pedophiles, and rapists. I've worn myself out, compressing someone's chest while Fox News plays on the TV. They've all received the same standard of care. So fuck off with your slanderous, dishonest bullshit.

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

I'd say that their responses are far more relevant to the issue than anything we honkies would have to say on the matter.

Are you saying that if you haven't experienced something firsthand then your point is less relevant?  I agree with your first sentence btw

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Freedom of speech is sometimes going to piss you off. Make you mad and angry. That doesn’t mean you take away that freedom because you got your feelings hurt. 

Freedom of speech also has consequences. If you're a racist asshole, companies don't have to give you a platform. Employers have the freedom not to employ you.

10 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

Are you saying that if you haven't experienced something firsthand then your point is less relevant?  I agree with your first sentence btw

Yes, on a situational basis, points made without first-hand experience are less relevant than those that are.  Most of the time, these situations involve "personal" or internal thoughts, feelings, emotions, etc. rather than "external" situations.

15 minutes ago, Dodger said:

CNUT has also admitted she gives inferior care to her patients that have Fox News on when she enters their room. So I might be a twat, but no one is going to die one day because I can't handle CNN being on tv for 30 seconds or whatever. 

This is extremely good if she does it

Just now, RedSoxFan9 said:

This is extremely good if she does it

I've already clearly stated I don't, dodger is a fucking liar, and I will not violate the oath I took because I find a person abhorrent. If someone does that, they need to go find a lazy office job, like Dodger, who pushes papers all day and doesn't hold any real power over another's life.