Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Remarkableriots

Television Ryan Reynolds Aviation Gin commercial

Recommended Posts

You how when Jim Carry did Man on the Moon and he became Andy Kaufman, and he never returned to normal since?

 

I think that's what happened to Ryan Reynolds. He never stopped being Deadpool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Reputator said:

You how when Jim Carry did Man on the Moon and he became Andy Kaufman, and he never returned to normal since?

 

I think that's what happened to Ryan Reynolds. He never stopped being Deadpool.

 

Counterpoint: what if he was always Deadpool? :hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Ryan Reynolds playing Deadpool is almost no different than Ryan Reynolds in any other role. He’s been playing the same kind of character since 2 Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Yeah Ryan Reynolds playing Deadpool is almost no different than Ryan Reynolds in any other role. He’s been playing the same kind of character since 2 Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place. 

 

For the most part, yes, but he has given some fantastic dramatic performances in underrated films as well, like: Smokin' Aces, Buried, Woman in Gold, Mississippi Grind, The Voices, Adventureland, Chaos Theory, Safe House, Definitely Maybe, and others (Fireflies in the Garden, The Nines, . . . ). I've been a fan of Reynolds for a long time now and don't understand why people keep saying all he does is play himself/Deadpool when in the aforementioned films he's often nothing like himself or Deadpool. 

 

And since Deadpool he's done the films Criminal, Life, The Hitman's Bodyguard, and Deadpool 2 and only in 2 of those 4 is he playing himself/Deadpool (obviously, one is the Deadpool sequel). So I'm not sure we can even say all he's doing is playing himself/Deadpool since beginning to play Deadpool either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

 

For the most part, yes, but he has given some fantastic dramatic performances in underrated films as well, like: Smokin' Aces, Buried, Woman in Gold, Mississippi Grind, The Voices, Adventureland, Chaos Theory, Safe House, Definitely Maybe, and others (Fireflies in the Garden, The Nines, . . . ). I've been a fan of Reynolds for a long time now and don't understand why people keep saying all he does is play himself/Deadpool when in the aforementioned films he's often nothing like himself or Deadpool. 

 

And since Deadpool he's done the films Criminal, Life, The Hitman's Bodyguard, and Deadpool 2 and only in 2 of those 4 is he playing himself/Deadpool (obviously, one is the Deadpool sequel). So I'm not sure we can even say all he's doing is playing himself/Deadpool since beginning to play Deadpool either. 

 

You're obviously not counting all the commercials he's been doing, as himself/Deadpool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Better than if he was always Green Lantern.

 

Green Lantern was the worst movie I've ever seen and I will never forgive Ryan Reynolds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reputator said:

You're obviously not counting all the commercials he's been doing, as himself/Deadpool.

 

Well, uh, yeah. I presumed most of the comments about him always playing himself/Deadpool were aimed at his films. :)

 

1 hour ago, Emblazon said:

Don't forget The Nines. 

 

Is listed in my previous post. :)

 

1 hour ago, Moa said:

 

Green Lantern was the worst movie I've ever seen and I will never forgive Ryan Reynolds.

 

Green Lantern isn't that bad.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

 

Well, uh, yeah. I presumed most of the comments about him always playing himself/Deadpool were aimed at his films. :)

 

Really? Because we're in a thread about a commercial he did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Reputator said:

 

Really? Because we're in a thread about a commercial he did.

 

You referenced a Jim Carrey film, so I figured we were talking about Ryan Reynold's body of film work. If you meant commercials, then that's fair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just speaking in generalities about it. Didn’t mean for the comment to be taken literally. I’d say if you said Ryan Reynolds name, before he ever did Deadpool, the large majority of people would associate him with that kind Jim Carrey lite/deadpool-esque character. Even though he had done other work it’s not what he’s known for. 

 

Same thing with Jim Carrey. You say his name people think more of The Mask/Ace Ventura and less of dramatic Jim Carrey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2018 at 7:56 AM, Mercury33 said:

Just speaking in generalities about it. Didn’t mean for the comment to be taken literally. I’d say if you said Ryan Reynolds name, before he ever did Deadpool, the large majority of people would associate him with that kind Jim Carrey lite/deadpool-esque character. Even though he had done other work it’s not what he’s known for. 

 

Same thing with Jim Carrey. You say his name people think more of The Mask/Ace Ventura and less of dramatic Jim Carrey. 

 

While I'd agree that's how people would think of Ryan Reynolds, they'd be wrong is my point to think that way about him. But I agree that's our understanding of him, his brand, in the mainstream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, silentbob said:

 

I'm totally shocked at how much Hugh Jackman has shrunk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well when you no longer need to be beefed up to play Wolverine I guess that'll happen. He still looks to be in great shape.

 

That was also a funny bit with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

I'm totally shocked at how much Hugh Jackman has shrunk.

 

Picking coffee beans doesn't require as much muscle mass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

I'm totally shocked at how much Hugh Jackman has shrunk.

Yeah his wolverine cameo in Endgame is going to look weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, number305 said:

Yeah his wolverine cameo in Endgame is going to look weird.

 

He's not playing Wolverine in Endgame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...