Black Widow Trailer and Discussion Thread (Opening 09 July 2021)

• 11 months later...
  • Pikachu changed the title to Black Widow Trailer and Discussion Thread (Opening 09 July 2021)

Not happy about the push back, and completely unsurprised about the Disney+ part. Was planning to reopen my indoor location that first weekend of May around the Black Widow opening.

51 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Not happy about the push back, and completely unsurprised about the Disney+ part. Was planning to reopen my indoor location that first weekend of May around the Black Widow opening.

as somebody who is vaccinated i was looking forward to that may opening :( 

21 minutes ago, Brick said:

A push to July makes sense. Not thrilled about the Disney+ thing since they kept saying this would be a theatre only release. Wonder if it'll do better than Mulan though. 

In retrospect, I think Mulan tanked mostly because it wasn't very good. But it may have also been a good sacrificial lamb to broach the subject of PVOD day and date for Disney+. I have no doubt a lot more people will be willing to fork over $30 for a MCU flick than a second tier Disney animated flick remake. I continue to not care one bit about PVOD stuff. We continue to have massive crowds for these movies that can be watched at home. People want to get out and a good movie is a great excuse!

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

In retrospect, I think Mulan tanked mostly because it wasn't very good. But it may have also been a good sacrificial lamb to broach the subject of PVOD day and date for Disney+. I have no doubt a lot more people will be willing to fork over $30 for a MCU flick than a second tier Disney animated flick remake. I continue to not care one bit about PVOD stuff. We continue to have massive crowds for these movies that can be watched at home. People want to get out and a good movie is a great excuse!

Yeah I was thinking that Mulan's mediocrity had a bit to do with it. With this being a July release now though a lot more people are going to be vaccinated, and willing to go to the theatre, so it'll be interesting to see how well the version on D+ sells. I wonder if they'll also make it less than Mulan was, say 25 bucks for a rental instead of 30.

I can't imagine they would charge less for something with much higher demand. They also did $30 for Raya, so I'm guessing $30 is the price point they think balances things best between home and theater spending.

Yet again, that $30 rental is atrocious. It should guarantee you owning the digital copy & preferably with supplemental content to be released alongside the film if not once the physical media version is available for purchase. I'll just wait until July & head to a theater to scope it out.

A $30 rental seems bananas to me, whereas I would probably pay $30 to see it at launch and then "unlock" ownership or whatever at a later date. No idea how common this sentiment is, and I recognize how plainly this exposes the extent to which digital "ownership" is very weird. :p

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I can't imagine they would charge less for something with much higher demand. They also did $30 for Raya, so I'm guessing $30 is the price point they think balances things best between home and theater spending.

Didn't realize they did that with Raya. Guess that 30 dollar price will stay. I wonder if this will just be the procedure from now on, or for how much longer. Still better than what WB did to screw movie theatres by making all their releases go on HBO Max. 

5 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

A $30 rental seems bananas to me, whereas I would probably pay $30 to see it at launch and then "unlock" ownership or whatever at a later date. No idea how common this sentiment is, and I recognize how plainly this exposes the extent to which digital "ownership" is very weird. :p

The $30 gets you unlimited viewings until it becomes available to every Disney+ subscriber a fee months later. 

Cineworld-Regal-Warner-Bros-2.jpg?w=1000
DEADLINE.COM

EXCLUSIVE: Cineworld has set plans to reopen its Regal cinemas in the U.S. for the first time in six months. The phased process will start with a limited number of cinemas opening for WB/Legendary’…

Warner is shifting to a 45 day exclusive window for its slate in 2022

9 hours ago, Jason said:

The $30 gets you unlimited viewings until it becomes available to every Disney+ subscriber a fee months later. 

Ah, interesting. Since I’ve been in the Apple ecosystem since before the iPhone launch, I tend to hoard all my media there.

12 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Is that how it works?

That's how it worked for Mulan.

And the $29.99 fee is not a one-time rental; Disney+ users will be able to watch the big-budget action movie as much as they want for as long as they are subscribed to the streaming service. So it’s essentially paying to own the movie — as long as you remain a Disney+ subscriber. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/30-to-watch-mulan-on-disney-is-either-outrageous-or-an-amazing-deal-depending-on-who-you-ask-2020-08-05

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Stephen Dorf is SALTY

marvelstudiosblackwidowplaymakerspeciall
WWW.IGN.COM

Blade star Stephen Dorff has revealed his thoughts on Marvel's upcoming Black Widow film, saying that it "looks like a bad video game" and that he is embarrassed for Scarlett Johansson.

I’m embarrassed for Scarlett!

This year’s Oscars were the most embarrassing thing I’ve ever seen,

Seems like he embarrasses easily.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Who?

He was the bad guy in Blade... ironically probably his most visible role which is ironic because it was technically the very first Marvel movie and Kevin Feige was a producer so I'm SURE they know each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGFaFSyJpFk

He was also in the last season of True Detective. He's a decent actor but not so good that he should be throwing shade