Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - story trailer

Hmmm, none of that really felt like Castlevania to me. For me, a true Castlevania game has to absolutely nail the atmosphere. Simon’s Quest, SOTN, and Lament of Innocence got this right. You can have pretty graphics, sprites, animations, or whatever. But if the music and atmosphere ain’t right, it’s just another failed attempt imo. I’ll give it a chance. But I definitely have reservations.

23 hours ago, nublood said:

Hmmm, none of that really felt like Castlevania to me. For me, a true Castlevania game has to absolutely nail the atmosphere. Simon’s Quest, SOTN, and Lament of Innocence got this right. You can have pretty graphics, sprites, animations, or whatever. But if the music and atmosphere ain’t right, it’s just another failed attempt imo. I’ll give it a chance. But I definitely have reservations.

Really? 

It is almost literally a clone of  Castlevania music, tone, enemies, feel...everything. Like, my concerns are the opposite - that all they did was copy that stuff.

On 6/29/2018 at 7:12 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

Suffering from the "We made beautiful artwork but instead made kinda shitty 3D models and ugly textures" that Mighty No. 9 had.

Mighty No. 9 was worse wtf are you talking about?

If anything the closest comparison Bloodstained has is probably Dracula X Chronicles.

18 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Really? 

It is almost literally a clone of  Castlevania music, tone, enemies, feel...everything. Like, my concerns are the opposite - that all they did was copy that stuff.

lol yeah like literally the only way they could make it more Castlevania is have the last name of the character be Belmonte instead of Belmont.

This is a day one purchase for me, but I get the 2D platformer with 3D visuals annoyance. When the style doesn't blend well it looks cheap to me. It feels like the characters dont match with the style of the background or everything looks too clean. This almost suffers from that but I can look past it.